24. Consequences

Avyugh was hiding.

It was the morning after the kiss, and Avyugh seemed to have fallen asleep on the couch last night and Alarion put him to bed.

It was eleven in the morning and Avyugh was found to be nowhere, as long as Alarion was concerned.

Alarion tried to find Avyugh in the wee hours of the morning as soon as he woke up, but he couldn't find him. So he decided to shower and get ready, which is exactly what he did, wearing a dark blue full sleeve button-up and white pants.

He walked to the kitchen with dripping wet hair and found Viridian flipping pancakes as Lyris, Maahi and Squad Z sat around.

Kenji snapped his fingers as soon as Alarion turned up, making a towel fall onto the vampire's head.

"Dry it." Was all Kenji said before gobbling down his pancakes.

Lyris was holding Maahi in his lap who was eating an organic lollipop after breakfast.

Alarion made no move to dry his hair, as his mind was once again, occupied with the thoughts of his mate. He thought about the kiss last night, and smiled to himself. Avyugh had initiated the kiss. He had wanted to kiss Alarion.

The vampire smiled as he drank a glass of blood.

"Where's your mate?" Lyris asked.

"He's hiding." Alarion replied.

Kenji grunted as he roughly dried Alarion's hair, making the latter hiss.

Lyris laughed.

Kenji pulled away with a scowl once Alarion's hair was damp and went back to his pancakes.

"Why's he hiding?" Lyris prodded.

Alarion shrugged, but his ears turned red.

"I'm going to find him." He stood up and vanished from the spot in seconds.

He followed Avyugh's scent and turned up empty handed at every corner. He couldn't feel what his mate was feeling; he had blocked Alarion out.

Then he'd found him.

Outside the palace, in the field.

Avyugh was sitting down on the field, resting his weight on his palms. He looked up when he sensed someone.

Avyugh blushed as soon as he set eyes on the vampire. Alarion smirked at the reaction and sat down beside his mate, leaning on his palms. No words were spoken for the next five minutes and Alarion was the one to break the silence.

"You were hiding."

Avyugh sat up straight, resting his chin on his knees.

Alarion watched him.

"Yeah." Avyugh muttered, squirming under Alarion's gaze.

"Why?" Alarion watched the way Avyugh's brown eyes dripped gold in the sunlight.

Avyugh shrugged. "I was... embarrassed."

At that, Alarion laughed. It was a loud chortle.

Avyugh was turning redder by the second.

Alarion wanted to kiss him then.

"Did you hate it?" Avyugh mumbled once Alarion sobered up.

The vampire inched closer to Avyugh. The human could feel the vampire's breath against his cheek. Alarion sat in front of his mate, with his legs spread out under his mate.

"Want me to show how much I hated it?" Alarion murmured.

He was staring at Avyugh's lashes which were covering his downcast eyes.

Alarion tilted Avyugh's head with a hand on his chin as the other hand circled his waist. Alarion did those things as if he'd done it all his life--holding Avyugh.

Avyugh's breath hitched.

Alarion's mouth closed in on Avyugh's lips making the latter close his eyes. Avyugh rested his hands on Alarion's chest as he kissed him back. Alarion grinned into the kiss, letting his fangs graze Avyugh's lips.

Avyugh pulled back with a moan, out of breath.

He smiled dopily at Alarion and leaned forward to kiss him again.

Alarion dropped his hands to Avyugh's waist and Avyugh had his hands buried in Alarion's mane of a hair.

Avyugh pulled Alarion's hair making the latter groan. The vampire seemed to like that and Avyugh seemed to have gotten the gist. Alarion's hands were slowly inching inside Avyugh's shirt which made him shiver.

Avyugh pulled away when he was out of breath. He smiled at Alarion in a daze.

Alarion could only stare at the sight in front of him.

Avyugh's swollen lips were glistening in the sunlight, his eyes were a darker shade of brown and he was grinning with red cheeks.

Avyugh bit his lip and watched Alarion watching him.

He smoothened his hands down on Alarion's damp hair, pushing away all the strands. The vampire watched his mate straighten his hair out. Alarion was drawing patterns with his fingers on Avyugh's bare back and unconsciously pulled him closer, settling his chin on his shoulder.

They sat like that until Avyugh's stomach grumbled.

Alarion pulled away with a laugh, kissing Avyugh's cheeks.

"I take it you didn't have breakfast."

Avyugh blushed and ducked.

Alarion titled his face up with fingers on Avyugh's chin and pecked his lips. "Come on."

He untangled himself from Avyugh and stood up and the latter soon followed. Avyugh reached down to hold Alarion's hands. The vampire didn't think twice about intertwining their fingers.

When they entered the palace's kitchen, they were greeted with knowing looks and smirks from Alarion's parents and Squad Z.

"Avi!" Maahi peeled himself away from Lyris and jumped up at Avyugh who caught him and sat down on the table.

Maahi settled on his brother's lap eating the rest of his organic lollipop.

"Where do you keep getting lollipops from?" Avyugh asked, pinching Maahi's cheek.

Everybody turned to look at Pierre silently who was eating candy.

"What?" Pierre spoke with a mouth full of candy.

Kenji scowled at him and muttered. "Fatass."

Viridian set down a plate full of pancakes in front of Avyugh who looked up with a grateful smile and began digging in.

"You eat like a caveman." Alarion quipped, a teasing smile engulfing his face.

"Come here and I'll show you how a caveman punches."

Avyugh flipped him off.

"Burn," Trey muttered.

Alarion chuckled, shaking his head and leaned forward to whisper into Avyugh's ear, making sure no one else could catch the drift.

"How about you show me how a caveman kisses?"

Avyugh choked on his pancakes.