6. Sentiments

Edward Cullen had set the bar high for stalking, but Alarion might just have set it higher.

He was stalking Avyugh around the school, going from class to class.

He hadn't known what to make of his 'mate' situation yet, but something about Avyugh keeps drawing him in.

Avyugh immediately turned around in the hallway and marched towards Alarion, who was following him again. Avyugh came to a stop in front of the vampire and narrowed his eyes at him.

"Are you stalking me?" He asked, hiking his back up on his shoulder.

Alarion scoffed. "You wish."

Avyugh scowled. "Then what are you doing?"

"What does it look like, curly?" He deadpanned, crossing his arms over his chest.

Avyugh mimicked him. "Stalking, it looks like you're stalking me."

Alarion sighed, eyes moving all over Avyugh's face, and it settled on his black curls. He looked away and cleared his throat. "Maybe if you move, I can get to my next class."

Avyugh moved aside with an embarrassed blush, watching Alarion as he walked inside the class and claimed an empty desk.

Harry walked in and settled next to Alarion. "Hey." He chirped.

Alarion lazily looked at him and nodded. He watched Avyugh sit down in the first desk alone.

"It's been a while since we hung out," Harry spoke, trying to get Alarion's attention.

If Harry had said these words a while back, Alarion would have jumped at the chance to hangout with his best friend, since he had feelings for him, but now Alarion wasn't even listening.

"Uh huh," Alarion grunted, watching Avyugh pull out a notebook.

Harry followed his gaze and sighed. "What did he do now?"

This seemed to have caught his attention. "What?"

"Avyugh--did he do something again?" Harry asked, rolling his eyes. "I have told you to not mi-"

"Why would you assume that he did something?" Alarion asked, furrowing his brows.

"Because that's what he's like." Harry spoke, fiddling with his pencil. "Always picking fights. I heard he picked a fight with Parker the other day and got him suspended. Apparently Parker got back at him after he came back. Served him right." Harry shrugged.

Alarion pursed his lips and looked at Harry with an unreadable expression on his face.

"Why are you talking about him like that?" Alarion asked, genuinely curious.

"He's always been a jerk to you and me. You more than me." Harry sat up straight and looked at Alarion. "Why do you even care? It's a well established fact that he's an asshole."

Alarion frowned.

Yes, Avyugh had always been a jerk towards him and Harry, but Alarion didn't care enough to venture a guess--not until now.

"Why do you think he was a jerk?" Alarion asked.

Harry groaned. "I don't know, Alarion, and honestly I don't care."

But Alarion cared.

Whatever said and done, Avyugh was still his mate.

"I want to know." Alarion stood up and walked across the classroom and sat next to Avyugh, leaving Harry at the back.

It was an impulsive move.

But that was Alarion--impulsive and a vampire.

Avyugh looked up from his doodling and glared at Alarion. "The fuck are you doing here?"

Alarion smiled, and raised his eyebrows, before his face contorted into a frown. "Hey, what's your problem?"

"The fuck?"

Alarion breathed out of his nose and gazed intensely at Avyugh. "Seriously, what is your problem with me? Why do you hate me so much?"

Avyugh tilted his head back and chuckled dryly. "What part of 'stay away from me' do you not understand?"

Alarion shook his head. "No, tell me, why do you hate me so much?"

Avyugh bit his lips, making Alarion's eyes zero in on that.

Avyugh took a breath before he spoke. "Because, you're an asshole. And I don't like assholes."

Alarion searched Avyugh's face for an answers. "That's not good enough to hate me."

"Now you want to dictate my life?" Avyugh was fuming.

"No, I want you to give me a good enough reason." Alarion looked at Avyugh with a challenging gaze.

Neither of them seemed to back down and that called for an intervention.

"Okay, cool it both of you." Brandon intervened, standing before their desk.

"Stay away from me," Avyugh muttered.

Alarion stood up with a sigh.

He was halfway in on his walk to the table where Harry was sitting, but he turned around abruptly and marched back to where Avyugh was sitting and slammed his hands down on the table, standing in front of Avyugh, who seemed startled by Alarion's actions.

"I want to know so that I can apologize. You are making things really difficul for me."

Avyugh was gritted his teeth. "You refuse to walk away and now I'm the problem?"

Their eyes were clashing like swords.

"You are unbelievable," Alarion pulled back. "I'm giving you a chance to b-"

Avyugh had had enough.

He stood up and glared maliciously at Alarion and yelled. "I didn't ask for a fucking chance! All I'm asking is for you to stay away from me, and if you can't seem to do that, I'll do it."

He picked up his back and stormed outside the classroom.

Alarion closed his eyes and ran a hand through his hair.

"Fuck."