11. Tailing

Avyugh sat inside his car in the parking lot of his school for a while, before classes could start.

He clutched the steering and groaned, reluctant to face certain people. Certain people was a boy, and the boy was Alarion, and the reason for Avyugh being reluctant: he was embarrassed.

He had said some things to Alarion that he, quite frankly, regrets and he knew he needed to apologise.

There was a tap on the window of his car, and Avyugh sat up with a jump, startled.

Brandon.

Avyugh stepped down with his bag and locked the car. "Hey, how are you feeling?"

Brandon hiked his book bag up his shoulder. "Peachy. That was a totally unexpected thing last night huh?"

Avyugh nodded.

He was quite shaken, but didn't want to show it.

"Let's go, it's time."

When Avyugh stepped inside his first class, he was surprised to see so many new but familiar faces. There were two empty seats--one beside Harry and the other beside Alarion.

Brandon marched forward and sat beside Harry.

Avyugh didn't have a choice as he sat down beside Alarion.

He started tapping his leg aggressively, and he didn't seem to notice, but Alarion did.

He gently placed a hand on Avyugh's knee, effectively stopping the tapping.

His other knee started vibrating.

Alarion faced Avyugh with an annoyed look in his face and muttered. "Can you please stop?"

"Sorry," Avyugh mumbled and stopped.

He then started tapping his fingers on the table, and again, he didn't seem to notice it but the vampire did, and he was annoyed.

He clenched his jaw, and looked away, trying to ignore his mate, but it was a hard task for him.

He slowly reached out and held brought his mate's hand from the table to the space between them. He felt the pulse jumping in Avyugh's wrist. Alarion let go of his hand but made sure to hold on to his index finger alone, pressing on it gently.

Avyugh glanced down at their fingers and then looked away, just as class started.

That's how they sat throughout the class--Alarion holding Avyugh's finger.

Avyugh seemed to be relaxed after that and focused on the class.

Alarion on the other hand was clenching and unclenching his jaw, feeling so delightfully uncomfortable at holding his mate. He was hyperaware of their proximity and he wanted to pull away so many times just to gather his thoughts but he decided against it--he'd rather go insane than let his mate be anxious.

Then class got over.

Alarion quickly pulled away, stood up and turned around but was stopped by Avyugh.

"Wait."

The vampire turned around, eager to get away, because being around his mate was doing things to him.

"Can we talk?" Avyugh asked.

The leg tapping had begun.

Alarion nodded. "Here?"

They were soon alone in the classroom, and Avyugh's leg tapping wouldn't stop making Alarion bite his cheek in irritation.

The vampire was waiting for the human to speak. He patiently leaned back on the wall, letting Avyugh gather his words to form a proper sentence, but it seemed like it would take some time.

But Alarion would wait.

Avyugh was leaning on a desk before him quite a distance away, tapping his leg away.

The leg tapping was driving the vampire insane.

"Can you please stop tapping your leg curly? I'm about to chop them off." Alarion barked.

The tapping stopped abruptly, and words came out of Avyugh's mouth. "I'm sorry about last night. I didn't mean what I said whe-"

"It's fine. You didn't say anything that wasn't true." Alarion said, looking at Avyugh. "Are you alright?"

Avyugh nodded. "I'm fine."

Alarion tried hard not to notice things.

But the way Avyugh's curls bounced atop his head, the way his nose twitched every now and then, they way he licked his lips, all of these caught Alarion's eyes.

He noticed everything. Every fucking thing about his mate.

How could he even think about rejecting his mate? All that thought was thrown out the window the second he laid eyes on his mate this morning.

He cleared his throat and stood up straight, looking around awkwardly. "Ok then, see you."

He didn't wait for a reply and left.

He breathed the air that didn't have his mate's scent and sighed in relief.

He found Kenji and Trey waiting for him outside.

"We detected movement outside the school gate." Kenji began. "They're being pulverized as we speak." His transmitter was connected to his ear. "Their fingers are being pulverized." He corrected. "Pierre! Fucking convey properly!" He scolded.

Alarion frowned. "Rogues again?"

Trey nodded.

"What was the intel from the one we captured last night?" Alarion asked, running a hand through his hair.

"It's a rebellion. Revenge for kicking them out of their covens, packs and nests. They're now here demanding his release." Trey explained.

Alarion groaned. "We gave them exactly what they wanted."

Kenji sighed. "We can release him, but your fathers are handling it as we speak."

Alarion grimaced.

"Everything alright?" Avyugh stepped outside the classroom, looking intently at Alarion with his big brown eyes.

"Everything's fine." Alarion said. "Come with me."

"Where?"

"Somewhere safer."

"I thought everything's fine."

"It is, and it will be if you go with me."

Avyugh continued staring at the vampire.

Avyugh opened his mouth to speak but the vampire beat him to it.

"Don't think. Just come with me, please."

"But-"

"They're all safe." Alarion reassured. "Everyone you're thinking about right now are all safe. I've made sure of it, now come with me."

Alarion held his palm out.

Avyugh looked at it warily but he slowly extended his hand and the vampire was quick to hold into it.

Alarion looked at Trey and Kenji and whispered.

"Kill them all."

--

Double updateeee!

I hope you guys like these two chapters! Also, I've finally decided on the characters for my two boys ahahsudjs!

Vote | Comment | Share