2. The meet-hate

They were six years old when it happened--the meet hate.

Alarion and Harry were the best of friends. Wherever Harry was, Alarion was, and wherever Alarion was, Harry was. They were an inseparable duo.

Then there was Avyugh.

Without friends.

They were all concerned about the brown of his skin, the curl of his hair and the accent that rolled off his tongue, but was he bothered? Yes, at first, when he first transferred here, and had no one to play with, but he seemed to have gotten the message--they were all dumb racists.

"That toy's so cool." Harry pointed to the one Avyugh was playing with in their school's playground.

"I'll get it for you," Alarion declared, and took another final look at the toy.

It looked new. A small, white teddy bear with a red coat and a green button in the center.

"No, I just want to look at it." Harry quickly ran up to Avyugh, and crouched down beside him in the part.

Alarion went to stand next to them, shielding Harry away from the sun.

"I want to see your toy." Harry poked Avyugh on the arm.

"You're seeing it right now." Avyugh replied.

Alarion frowned.

"Well can I hold it?" Harry asked.

Avyugh looked up with a blank face and didn't think twice about his reply: "No."

Harry proceeded to touch the toy.

Avyugh stood up, pushing Harry's hand away, making the latter fall on his butt. "I said no."

Alarion stepped in. "What's so big about this bear?" He grabbed the toy from in Avyugh's hand and ripped it in half, throwing it on the ground.

He gave a hand to Harry, helping him up. "Let's go Harry. That toy's ugly anyway."

Avyugh knelt to the ground, holding his mother's last gift to him, which was ripped apart in seconds.

Avyugh looked at the toy propped up on his desk, sown back by him, then he glanced at the camera beside it and sighed, lying down on his bed.

Books and camera were Avyugh's go-to. He read a lot of books. More than half of his room was a bookshelf, that carried over a thousand books, all read and some re-read. That's all he had been doing for almost twelve years of his life. All of them were left behind by his mother.

There was a knock on the door.

It was Avyugh's dad--Vikas Moha.

Avyugh sat up straight at the sight of his father and combed through his hair with his fingers, and cleared his throat. "Yes?"

Vikas Moha was a tall man, with salt and pepper hair. He was lanky and wore glasses, refusing to get a corrective surgery, which, Avyugh too followed.

"Your suspension letter was sent to me," Vikas Moha displayed the content through his transmitter, and Avyugh's face paled.

Suspension.

It wouldn't go well with his resume.

Avyugh's father looked at him disappointedly and Avyugh hung his head in shame. "Sorry, pa." He mumbled.

"I had big plans for you Avyugh. What is this? Physical violence? Is this how I raised you?" Vikas Moha's voice became louder with each word. "Did you do this on purpose? To get out of that scholarship and follow your passion of that-that photography?! I have told you that photography cannot bring food to the table!"

Avyugh winced.

"Pa it's no-"

"Stop being a fool and use your brain for once! Don't always live in your fantasy land! Don't be a failure!"

Avyugh's father left with a final glare.

"Fuck," Avyugh muttered lying back down on his bed.

Then he did what he always did his best to prevent his father's voice from creeping into his head.

He picked up a book, and he read.

--

"I just got off call with chacha, he tells me you're suspended," Aditya, his cousin, spoke from Avyugh's laptop, mentioning his uncle.

Avyugh looked up from his desk, where he was catching up with homework and at his cousin and sighed. "Already told you huh?"

"So you got into a fight huh?" Aditya asked, looking amused.

Avyugh sucked in his cheeks. "Are you laughing?"

Aditya concealed his chuckles, and shook his head, biting his cheeks. "So who was it?"

"What?"

"Whom did you hit?"

Avyugh sucked in a breath and clenched his jaw.

Just thinking about Alarion makes him mad.

"He's an asshole--from school. He threw the first punch." Avyugh shrugged.

"Woah man, he seems like quite the guy," Aditya laughed.

"It makes me happy that at least you're finding the fun out of this." Avyugh shook his head with a small smile. "And when are you coming back here? Your break has already been extended for a year and I'm already going crazy without my best friend."

"Your only friend." Aditya corrected. "I'll be there this month."

"Oh and bring a lot of pickles. Alright I have to go and pick up Maahi."

"Yessir." Aditya saluted and logged off.

Maahi was Avyugh's little brother. He was adopted four years ago, where Avyugh and his father saw him wrapped perfectly in a bundle while trekking.

Avyugh had begged his father to take Maahi in, and it didn't take a long time before Maahi was a part of the Moha family. Avyugh's father had just been promoted to overlook the building of a bridge so there might be some in flow money so that Avyugh and Maahi could use to get in touch with advanced technology.

Avyugh didn't have a self driving car or a transmitter for that matter. He drove an old manual vehicle that his father used to have and uses a laptop and a mobile phone, but the only two people he can ever contact would be Aditya and his father, because they're the ones who still use a smartphone and a laptop.

"Yughi!" Maahi hugged his older brother's leg. "You hurt!"

The kid was four year's old.

"It's nothing, I fell. Hey, how was school?" Avyugh picked him up, propping him up on his hips and handed his brother a lollipop.

"It was not nice." Maahi was gently tracing the bruise on his brother's jaw.

Avyugh frowned. "Why not?"

"A boy took my biscuit."

"Did you tell him not to?"

"Yes!"

Avyugh didn't know what to make of it.

"You tell me again if the kid does that again, okay?" Avyugh asked, strapping his brother in the car, and the kid nodded.

"He also took my keychain."

"What?"

"But he gave it back once I punched him."

Avyugh smirked.

"That's more like it."

--

So many interesting stuff yet to happen you vamps! Can't wait for you to read them!

Let me know what you think so far!

Thanks for reading!