7. Friends and bonds

It had been two days since Avyugh politely told Alarion to fuck off.

The vampire had complied and left him alone, but not before keeping tabs on his mate. He put his flying skills to good use.

It was day three of 'fuck-off' and Alarion had called all of his vampire/werewolf friends, a witch or two among them. He had decided to reveal that he had found his mate for different reasons, but he wanted to tell his parents first.

"Don't tell me it's expulsion this time," Viridian, Alarion's father looked at his mate, Lyris.

They were sitting in Viridian's office, waiting for Alarion to grace them with his presence.

"I don't understand how you could be so fine with your son being expelled." Lyris commented, raising a brow at his husband.

They were the kings of all the supernatural, but they never look it. They never wear expensive attire until they're forced to, which doesn't end well for a lot of people, but they were the strongest supernaturals out there, and Viridian, one of Alarion's parents was a hybrid--half a vampire and half a werewolf.

They made quite the pair.

"I'm never too worried about him, he's sane for most part," Viridian muttered, glancing at the papers piled up in front of him.

Lyris rolled his eyes.

"Sorry for making you wait, I was getting hungry," Alarion spoke, barging inside the office with a blood bag in hand.

He had two more in his other hand.

"How hungry are you really?" Viridian stood up from his desk and joined his mate on the couch.

Alarion activated a button on the wall that made sure the office was secure from outside ears in all aspects.

"This seems serious," Lyris crossed his arms over his chest, leaning into his mate.

Alarion looked at his parents with a certain fondness.

"I found my mate." Alarion blurted.

Viridian grinned, and looked at his mate who was wearing a scowl on his face. "Two thousand bucks, mate."

Lyris groaned, but smiled his son. "So? Who is it?"

Alarion looked at his parents with a frown. "Aren't you surprised?"

Both of his parents shook their heads.

"No. There's someone for everyone, Rion." Lyris smiled. "You were worried for nothing."

Alarion smiled, and slowly it turned to a grin, and then a grimace. "I hear a 'but' in that sentence." Viridian nodded his head, telling his son to continue.

"Well, he's human." Alarion drawled. "And I don't like him, and he doesn't seem to be a big fan of mine."

Viridian snorted. "You'll say that now."

Lyris nodded. "I agree. Rion, he's your mate, don't say bullshit like I don't like him. You'll find yourself falling faster, brace yourself. It's your mate after all."

Alarion nodded.

He'd come to learn that, but he wasn't ready to live it yet. He'd accept his mate in his own terms and give him the required space.

"And Rion?" Viridian spoke, making his son look up from his thought process. "Always look out for your mate."

Lyris smiled.

"Yes, always look out for your mate."

--

"You called us all here for what?" Klyden lazily looked up from the diwan he was draped over in Alarion's room.