12. Lessons

Alarion took Avyugh to a safe house behind the school.

"How many of these are even around?" Avyugh mused standing outside.

"Plenty." Alarion replied opening the safe house.

Alarion activated the smart lock as soon as both him and his mate were inside. It looked like they'd be here for a good couple of hours.

"What is it that you do? Are you involved in some kind of mafia shit?" Avyugh asked, sitting down on the couch.

"Kind of." Alarion replied smoothly. "More like, we stop drugs from going around."

Avyugh nodded but he still didn't understand.

The leg tapping had begun.

The vampire noticed.

He sat down on the couch across Avyugh and pressed a button that automatically dispensed a glass full of blood that looked like watermelon juice.

He needed the blood if he was going to stay here with his mate, the leg tapping and everything.

"Sorry I'm so rude, would you like something to eat?" Alarion asked, gulping the contents of the glass, looking at his from his brows.

Avyugh shook his head.

He was really curious about Alarion.

"All the drug stopping? Is it a family business?" Avyugh asked, the leg tapping slowing down momentarily.

The vampire nodded. "Yes. My parents are the heads of the organization."

Avyugh nodded, surprised. "That's...cool."

Alarion grimaced internally.

He probably wouldn't say that if he knew the truth.

"So why am I here? With you?"

Alarion choked on his second glass of blood.

The leg tapping was vigorous.

"Because they think you're affiliated with me somehow." Alarion didn't lie.

"Can't you tell them I have nothing to do with you."

Alarion winced internally, but his face remained blank as he stared at his mate.

"There's no talking with people with arms. They don't listen."

The leg tapping had intensified.

The vampire was now in his fifth glass, holding himself back from snapping at his mate about the leg tapping.

"What about Harry? And Brandon? Don't they think they're involved too?" Avyugh asked, nervously playing with his hair.

"Yes, they're also being taken care of as we speak." Alarion reassured.

Avyugh looked like he was going to pass out with all the anxiety. The leg tapping was faster.

After downing his seventh glass of blood, Alarion stood up with an annoyed look on his face and grabbed a pill from the kitchen and mixed it in a glass of water.

He held it out in front of Avyugh, whose tapping slowed down.

"What is this?" He asked, peering at the glass.

"Just water. You look like you need it."

Avyugh drank the water.

Alarion had given his mate opioids to make him sleep.

He watched Avyugh sag against the couch and close his eyes.

Alarion let out a breath.

"Finally. The tapping stops."

--

Avyugh was drunk.

Alarion was annoyed.

A drunk Avyugh was loud, touchy and he hit a lot.

"Why the fuck are you still sitting?" Avyugh smacked Alarion's head a couple of times. "I'm hungry!"

Alarion leaned away from his mate on the couch.

"I already fed you! Thrice!" Alarion boomed.

"I'm still hungry!"

Avyugh was holding Alarion's collar in a vice grip, pulling him back and forth. The vampire's head toggled up and down with the movement.

"You're eating my brains out, isn't that enough?" Alarion tried to pry off his mate.

Avyugh held on tightly.

Alarion wanted to avoid a lot of situations in this position.

He quickly decided to compel his mate into silence since he was so close, a chance he didn't get before.

"Hey look at me," Alarion ordered.

Avyugh looked at him.

The vampire's breath got caught in his throat.

Avyugh was hovering around his lap, hands around his neck and looking at him intensely just because he asked him to.

Alarion was about to open his mouth to speak but he wasn't able to.

Because Avyugh had kissed him.

And passed out.