13. Amnesia

"What happened?!" Klyden broke down the door to the safe house, and all the boys looked around.

Alarion was sat on the couch, paralyzed, his hand covering his mouth, looking like he'd seen a ghost, and Avyugh was passed out on the floor.

Kenji tapped Alarion's face in a frenzy. "Are you alright man? What happened? Are you hurt? You sounded so freaked out."

Alarion slowly raised his head and looked at all of his friends.

He pointed to Avyugh on the floor then back at himself. "I was assaulted."

Pierre coughed. "Huh?"

The twins looked at each other with confused looks.

"Assaulted?" Klyden scrunched his face.

Alarion nodded slowly. "He kissed me."

Pierre was the first to laugh, followed by Kenji.

"Aw, you're not a virgin anymore." Miles teased.

"You called us in a panic because he kissed you?" Klyden chuckled. He sighed, shaking his head. "Here I thought your human got kidnapped."

Trey knelt down to examine Avyugh. "Why's he passed out?"

Alarion was slowly coming out of his trance. "I gave him opioids. But he seemed drunk and then he passed out after....assaulting me." He whispered the last part.

Kenji snorted, chuckling. "Oh come on man, he kissed you, big deal."

"Correction, I was assaulted." Alarion waved his index finger.

Miles and Trey simultaneously collapsed on the sofa, and Klyden switched on the comfort mode on the room settings. Kenji helped himself to some snacks in the kitchen.

Pierre knocked on Alarion's head. "Pick him up."

Alarion shivered. "What if I get assaulted again?"

Pierre slapped the vampire's head with a scowl. "Oh just pick him up."

Alarion sighed, and knelt down. He picked up his mate in his arms, and would Avyugh's arms around his neck and wrapped his own arms around waist and stood up gently.

Alarion carried Avyugh like he weighed nothing, and clicked a button on the elevator.

It wasn't working.

"Looks like you have to carry him up the stairs." Kenji muttered innocently.

Alarion glared but proceeded to carry his mate up the stairs. He was a vampire, but it was the most difficult thing he had done in his life.

Because his mate was so close to him.

Avyugh was breathing softly near Alarion's ear, his curls tickling the vampire's chin, and his fingers tightly holding Alarion's jacket.

Alarion let out a sigh when he carefully laid his mate down on his bed.

Alarion couldn't help but stare as he leaned on the wall.

Avyugh was a sight to behold.

Alarion gulped.

He had to stay away from his mate if he wanted to keep his sanity.

He peeled himself off the wall and was downstairs in a jiffy, holding Kenji's collar.

Kenji raised his brow. "What now?"

"Help me."

"No."

Kenji moved away, picking up his fried chicken bowl.