16. Promised revenge

Alarion sat on the chair beside his mate's bed wearing a white button up with the buttons undone because of his injury. He was slowly losing his mind, watching his mate in the same state every day.

Alarion clenched his jaw and leaned back on the chair, and let out a sigh. He didn't leave his mate's side and put all operations on hold until Avyugh woke up. Alarion was starting to blame himself for landing his mate in this sorry state.

He leaned forward resting his elbows on his knees and pulled his hair with one hand, the other held a glass of blood.

Klyden had just then walked in.

Alarion spoke.

"It's been seven fucking days, why isn't he awake yet?" Alarion's voice was eerily calm, defying the way he looked.

Klyden didn't know what to say.

"Don't we have the best fucking witches in our Kingdom? If so then why the fuck is he still not awake?" He ended up breaking the glass in his hand because of his tight grip on it.

The glass shattered into his skin.

Kenji walked inside with a disapproving sigh and snapped his fingers, clearing away all the mess and healing Alarion's hand.

"He is fine, Rion. He was hit with a micro bullet and died. He was brought back. He is a human being, his body needs time to recuperate." Kenji said with a firm look, resting a hand on the vampire's shoulder. "He'll be awake in no time."

Alarion breathed heavily through his nose and stood up, facing Kenji.

"When he wakes up--wipe his memories of me." Alarion looked stubborn.

Kenji almost didn't want to deny him, but he shook his head.

"That won't be possible. I can only wipe as much as he wants to forget since he's mated to you. Your mate bond might not be stable and in place yet but it still exists. Since it's formed by both of your conscience, and it exists, it will not allow me to wipe away his memory completely. I can try. But as long as he feels the connection, I can't do it."

Alarion glanced his mate. "He's in this state because of me. It's better if he stays away from all this--he doesn't need so many complications in life." He turned back to look at Kenji, determined. "Do it. Try it. If it doesn't work, I'll do it my way."

Kenji wanted to asked about 'my way' but he decided against it.

Klyden frowned from where he stood. He knew what 'my way' meant. He knew. He also knew how impulsive Alarion was.

"Your way?" Klyden raised a brow, prodding the vampire. "Care to elaborate?"

Alarion spoke without much of a thought.

"I'll kill the bond."

--

The boys were packing their combat essentials in the ammunition hall inside the palace, while waiting on Alarion. His arm was almost healed, but it was still heavily bandaged. Kenji tampered with it to help it heal faster.

"He's crazy," Trey muttered, examining a knife.

Pierre sighed, chewing some gun Kenji had forced into his mouth. The witch could only tolerate so much chewing apparently. Pierre had an immense sweet tooth.

"That's understandable. Do you think the rogues know that the human is his mate?"

Miles shook his head, sitting down on a chair to adjust his boots. "As long as they don't have a coloured bond like Alarion's parents, I doubt the rogues know."

Alarion's parents shared a coloured bond, since the bond was between a hybrid and a pure bred.

They were the first of that kind.

Kenji walked in with Alarion behind him.

The boys have been summoned by their parents--the higher ups, and were asked to come combat-ready.

Alarion walked inside sipping blood from a blood bag.

"Quick, pick your weapon. We have to leave in five." Klyden instructed.

Kenji picked up a small gun loaded with poision-coated bullets and a sensation potion which causes disturbing sensation in the form of illusion.

Alarion opened a door on one of the shelves and picked out a long sword.

"Just that?" Pierre asked.

Alarion looked down at Pierre's knuckle bullets and poison coated boots. "Just that."

Pierre rolled his eyes. "Don't ask me to cover for you once your sword breaks." He muttered, proceeding down the hallway.

Alarion rolled his eyes.

The boys wore their tailor-made combat uniforms. The only complaint they all had was the cape.

Miles tripped for the third time after it got stuck inside his boots while leaving the hall

Miles tripped for the third time after it got stuck inside his boots while leaving the hall. "Fuck this." He muttered and pulled away the cape.

The rest followed his example except Trey. The cape was restricting their movements, but it was just an overnight blanket that the combat unit of the kingdom used whenever they were on duty.

"It fits pretty good," Klyden commented, looking at everyone and observing their uniform in the underground elevator. It would lead them straight to their training ground.

"Of course, I designed it." Trey scoffed.

"Including the cape?" Klyden raised a brow.

Trey snorted. "Especially the cape. It's a cloak that can turn you invisible, so I suggest you keep it on."

Miles smacked his head. "He just gets very cold."

"Not my fault you're all polar bears." Trey muttered.

Alarion slipped away quietly to look at his mate before he left.

The boys were called for an important mission, and Alarion was wary about leaving his mate alone which was before he realized that the palace was the safest place for his mate and he, needed to stay far away from his mate.

A mission then sounded just perfect.

He peeked inside the room his mate was still sleeping.

His curls were pushed aside, and he looked peaceful as slow and soft breaths left his lips. He was curled around Alarion's blanket, hugging one of the vampire's pillows to his chest.

Alarion had used that the previous night he came to sleep on the chair beside Avyugh's bed.

With one last look Alarion left, adjusting his bullet proofed jacket.

He would get the revenge for his mate.

He was going to kill all of them.

--

Image taken from Pinterest. Credits to the artist.

I'd love to know your thoughts on the books, so please don't forget to comment!

Vote | Comment | Share