14. Anger

Alarion breathed in and out, and looked at his attire one last time before knocking on the door of the Moha house.

Avyugh's father opened the door, offering the vampire a small smile.

"Hello Mister Moha, I'm Alarion." Alarion smiled politely, shaking the older man's hand.

"Of you're here to pick him up, please come in." Akil Moha opened the door wider to let Alarion inside.

Alarion looked around the cozy home of his mate and smiled to himself. The house had a lot of indoor plants and even a small indoor garden with windchimes, and there were a lot of pictures around the house.

"Lollipop!" Maahi came running straight at Alarion.

"Oof," Alarion caught the little boy who hugged his legs.

Behind him ran Avyugh, with a small band in hand. "Maahi! Let me tie your hair!"

He stopped in his tracks when he noticed Alarion smirking at him and he blushed, clearing his throat and he glanced at his father. "We'll be on our way now."

He knelt down next to Maahi and quickly tied his hair up.

"Lollipop?" Maahi tugged on Alarion's jeans, pouting.

Alarion chuckled. "I'll give it to you after school?"

Maahi nodded and Avyugh pried him away.

"See you Mister Moha." Alarion nodded at Avyugh's father who smiled back.

Soon, the two teenagers were climbing inside Alarion's car.

"What happened to your flight?" Avyugh asked, fixing his curls.

"I sold it," Alarion said, glancing at his mate.

He was driving, and pressed on a button that makes the car seem invisible from the outside. Avyugh didn't seem to notice.

"I want to tell you something," Avyugh started.

The leg tapping had begun.

Alarion groaned inwardly. He was not ready to handle Avyugh's quirks early in the morning, but he'd never admit that he thought they were cute, he was his arch nemesis after all.

"Why do you keep hanging around me? What's the deal?" The human spoke softly, his voice almost inaudible.

This caught the vampire's attention and he parked the hover car on the side of the road.

The leg tapping had increased ten fold.

Alarion strained his hands to keep it to himself and not place it on his mate's knee to stop the tapping. He turned around, giving Avyugh his full attention.

"I want to tell you the truth, but I don't want to overwhelm you." Alarion said honestly. "I will tell you if you are absolutely sure you want to know about me."

Avyugh licked his nervously and the vampire's grey eyes turned stormy at the gesture.

"Well, I want to know, but I don't think I can just handle it," Avyugh chuckled awkwardly. "I don't want to know the truth and not hate you anymore." He scratched his neck. "I don't want to be involved with you any more than I already am."

He trailed off.

Alarion's heart sank to his knees.

He didn't know how to respond.

Avyugh looked up at Alarion and shook his head. "I don't want to be rude, I just want to be honest with you."

The leg tapping had slowed down.

"You," Alarion began but he shook his head. "Do you want me to be honest with you? Do you think you can handle it?"

Avyugh sighed and leaned back in his seat, looking ahead. "No. I need to know but I don't want to. Not now anyway." He whispered the last part.

"You're just really important to me." Alarion blurted. "Just know that."

--

The two of them had taken a detour on the way to school, because Avyugh was hungry and he didn't carry any snacks.

He'd been grumbling about how Alarion drove.

He claimed that Alarion knocked the tyres over the rocks and stones, but that would be impossible since it was a hover car. Then the vampire caught on--his mate was hungry.

Then he heard Avyugh's stomach growling.

Without bothering to correct his mate, he swerved the vehicle to a diner. There were not a lot of people around, just robots.

"I want Indian food," Avyugh murmured, looking at the menu, standing at the entrance of the diner beside Alarion.

"Please be specific," Alarion said, looking around for outsiders, and pasting an invisible barrier around them.

"These," Avyugh pointed to the menu section full of Indian food, and pointed to the first three food items--vada, dosa and idly. He sauntered over to occupy a booth, gesturing Alarion to hurry up.

The vampire rolled his eyes and Avyugh was eating in the next five minutes, seated across an amused looking Alarion.

Alarion was unconsciously smiling at Avyugh, who was soaking in the feeling of Indian food.

"Woh?" Avyugh asked with a mouth full of food. "You wan?" He asked, holding a piece of dosa in his hand.

Alarion opened his mouth in response, and Avyugh not-so-kindly shoved it inside Alarion's mouth.

Alarion though, was feeling elated, being fed by his mate. He quite enjoyed the attention. He was not used to the lighter, less anxious side of his mate, who, by the looks of it, seems more silly and cute.

"It's so good," Alarion mused. "Can I have more?"

Avyugh grumbled but shoved another full piece of dosa dipped in sambar inside Alarion's mouth.

Alarion closed his eyes, savoring the taste of the food. He could stomach other foods, but blood is what keeps him afloat and sated. Vampires can go without blood, but consuming it gives them a lot of strength and according to Alarion's father Viridian, 'the will to stay alive.'

Avyugh was staring at Viridian once he was done eating, and dipped his fingers in the soak-bowl brought by one of the robots.

"You know," he began. "You're not that bad."

Alarion raised a brow in question.

"I know."

Avyugh rolled his eyes and sighed.

That's what I'm afraid of.