ℍ𝕠𝕚 𝕀 𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕒𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕊𝕣 𝕘𝕠𝕕𝕗𝕒𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣: ℂ𝕒𝕥𝕀 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℂ𝕣𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕖.

Začít od začátku

Upon closer inspection, Lilia concluded the true reason for its placing by the fireplace, a grin reaching his face.

"Your spite truly knows no bounds. That is the very same gargoyle that was his undoing, wasn't it?"

"That bastard might be dead, but i'll spit on his name til the day I die."

Leading to the far from fancy kitchen, she began to light a flame, to which Lilia spelled it stronger, the reception of this a small snort as she took a water filled pot and placed it upon the clay stove.

"Remind me, how many times did you escape after being tried as a witch again?"

"Oh, I lost count after the triple digits.
Getting caught was much more exhilarating then I thought. Pity they never succeeded, reactions to my disappearance at the stake would've been a sight to behold."

Her laugh was heard amongst the chopping of the bell peppers in her hand.

"Sometimes, I can't believe you're real."

In a short moment, he sat himself upon a stool, long since banished from assisting in the kitchen upon his first visit to her estate.

"Am I to assume you intend to stay here? Even if Rotciv is no longer within contact, Samoht is fully capable of returning you to your homeworld."

"I've made a life here that I'm pretty satisfied with. Engaged, good friends, you know. Someone here has to stand for justice when no one else will, after all."

Taking the pot off and allowing it to cool, she made way to the doorframe.

"Speaking of Rotciv, there's someone I want you to meet."

"By all means, lead the way."

——————————-

The many rooms left much to be uncovered to his wonder, led to many things of interest by the animal companion at his side.

Upon his search for yet another tome to peruse, a section of the wood cases wall toppled to his weight, revealing a small corridor.

Glancing at his companion, who had taken heed at the sight, he entered, then faced it once more.

"Shall thou join my excursion?"

With a bleat, it leaped over to his side.

"Yes, well said. Onwards."

Many corridors, given into stone, must once have connected to catacombs before.

Down farther, a sweet voice sung, masculine and belonging to possibly of someone his equivalent in human years, 10 or so, as some in the village Lilia oft journeyed to had noted.

A tiny, infant sounding giggle echoed to it, receiving a sigh from the party unknown.

"Why must you always do that? You are but an egg, therefore you should not laugh."

The giggle encored once more, its sound granting Malleus cover to approach the door where it originated.

"If Lady Esmeralda didn't ask me to watch over you, I would make you into a fine omelette."

His fellowly horned companion trotted inside, revealing those inside.

The first was indeed seemingly near his age, possibly a slight bit younger.
In an odd sense, they shared a similar appearance, if one were to remove their unhuman traits, they could be thought cousins.

Many tomes and scrolls surrounded him, along with blankets, pillows, small puppets, and other such comforts.
By his side, a large egg, striped with a lavender purple and magenta, and opal branches upon the bottom, creating something of a grinning smile.

Grandmothers lessons gave him the knowledge this one an egg containing a descendant of highly powerful fae, so for what did Knight Esmeralda keep it hidden here? Should it not be returned to its keeper? Perhaps he shall bring it and its guardian to Lilia for confirmation.

Approaching with caution, the winged being took stance instantly as the young prince entered.

"Who are you?"

Strange. They did not recognize him whatsoever.

"Malleus Draconia, Heir to the Throne of Briar Valley. And you?"

The great obsidian wings ruffled, covering the egg swiftly whilst a glowing cube, containing some form of flame, appeared in hand.

They had black sclera in their eyes, not common white, with a single white and gold ring outlining each iris, which skimmed to the spines of books beside them, possibly choosing their alias from among them.

"Nevermore. I care not for who you are. Do you intend harm upon anyone here?"

Hostile suspicion instinctively. Two can play at such a thing.

"Not unless you are harboring that egg for ill intent."

"This egg is the child of Lady Esmeraldas late friend, and she requested I keep watch on it until it can be brought to a safer location.
That is where my knowledge ends."

"You seem far too young to be a hired mercenary."

"I'm no mercenary. She has been caring for me for some time, and rescued me from my captor in the Catacombs below the Cathedral. Therefore I asked her to allow me to return the favor. Is that all?"

The door creaked open once more, revealing the Briar Guardian, eyes centering on Malleus, then winged boy, and finally the egg.

"Oh my."

———————-

After much discussion, the core of the issue was this.

With no partner left alive, and Rotciv choosing to protect the egg as the city burned, at the cost of his life, leaving the only way in possibility to see that it hatched was to transport it to Samoht.

Later into the future, Lilia would earn the title of the GodFather to the child, should the egg ever hatch, for this deed.

On the other hand, the boy Esmeralda had rescued did, in no way, trust Lilia with it, stubbornly declaring to join him during the delivery.
Before his departure, Esmeralda had gifted him a necklace, a map to both the city and secret sanctuaries in the city should he need it.

————-

"I'll save the rest of the tale for another time, I believe she has arrived."

Attention completely diverted, Che'nya teleported to hide above the door, waiting to pounce on the girl the second she made her way up.

It seemed Lilia might just have to recruit him as partner in crime for trickery.

———————

NOTES:

LORE DROP CHAPTER!!!

I think I'm going insane.

Anyway, Before I send us to Glorious Masquerade, you better believe I'm building a suitcase of lore to drown Rollo in, so I can add realism, and he doesn't get page space.

Alright, back to Ophelia!