Chapter 27: The Queen's Past

"SHUT UP!" the queen shouted, making Vladimir excited, for he had successfully found his enemy's weakness.

Vladimir walked towards her with a smirk and said, "Take off your mask. Are you afraid that your father the King will know you're behind all this chaos? Or maybe you're too shallow for not understanding that we already know who you are?"

"What?" Her voice shook a bit.

"Princess, we know that you're the thorn in this kingdom, experimenting with creatures, letting Terases in, and many more crimes. We knew."

The Queen took off his mask, and a familiar face was shown. It was the princess all along, Althea Montgomery.

"Princess, this is not a game. Teras are dangerous. Don't..."

"Shut up! You don't know everything! You don't know me! Stop acting like you know my pain, because you don't!"

"You don't know what I've been through, and I don't care about the others. I just want to kill everyone and destroy this kingdom!"

"Is that why you killed your twin sister?"

"..."

"Say it."

"..."

"Too afraid?"

*tears fell*

"..."

*solemn*

The queen hesitatingly let her guard down, showing her weakness to Vladimir, and said, "It was an accident."

"I love her," she added.

She looks up, trying to stop her tears from flowing continuously. "I love her, even though she never visits,
I love her, even though she doesn't know I exist.
I love her, even though she didn't give me food or drinks.
I love her because she's my twin sister. My family, my other me."

As soon as she recovered from crying, her face turned deadly and vengeful. "But that man, the King, destroyed everything!"

"What happened?" Vladimir asked, putting things together to complete his puzzle.

The Queen looked at him, trying to know what was inside his mind.

-The Past-

I suffered from abuse and trauma when I was just a child.
My birth is cursed; that's why no one loves me. I am an unlucky child with dark energy in my core.

I have a twin sister; her name is Althea Montgomery, and we look the same.

We may look the same, but we are too different. I am darkness, and she's the light. The day we were born, I was disregarded because of my power; I didn't fit the royal blood or that of a princess. They didn't tell the public that the queen gave birth to twins. Instead, they only announced my twin sister's existence. I was trashed and left out in the dungeon, trapped and imprisoned like a bird.

My parents didn't visit me; the guards are the ones who feed me dog-like foods. They don't really care about me when I'm sick or dying. In short, they want me gone. It was a nightmare for me.

When I turned 13, I was shocked when I saw my twin sister in front of me. She was crying and angry. She hugged me tight, and I did the same. I didn't say a word; I cried, and I guess I missed her even though this is our first time meeting. 

She let go of me and quickly destroyed the chain in my foot. She helped me get out of the cage. I was afraid that someone might find out that I'm trying to escape. However, she assured me that everything would be fine and said that she would set me free. I trusted her and decided to follow her. We walk for hours before we arrive at the exit of the dungeon. I was welcomed with fresh air outside and a blue sky with a shining sun. I never felt this way before. Is this freedom?

However, I heard a dangerous voice calling Althea; it was him. My father, who imprisoned me and made me suffer! Who didn't even give me a name? Am I that irrelevant?

I felt hot, like my body was burning. He pushed me away and dragged my twin sister. He turned his back on me, and I was furious when the knights tried to drag me again into the dungeon. I felt the energy surge within me, and I blacked out!

But when I opened my eyes, I saw the knights drenched in blood and dead. My father was furious, looking at me like I was some kind of monster. Then I saw my twin sister hugging me. I was about to let go when I felt my hand holding a dagger, and it was covered in blood and thrust into my twin sister's heart.

What is this? What happened? Did I just kill my twin sister?

No! No! No!

-Back to present-

Vladimir looked curiously at the princess, a.k.a. Queen. Trying to put the pieces all together, he was interested in how the King manipulated and lied to the people. Making the people of Chrolexia believe that the saintess is real, but it is not. The real saint is dead; how will people handle this lie? 

"They deserve to die; they don't deserve to live. I will destroy them; even in their deaths, I will haunt them! My hatred will never stop! Because they destroyed me first! They are the real darkness in this land! Not the Teras, not the black mist, not me! But them!" the Princess furiously shouted. 

"I didn't mean to kill her; she's my sister. *sobs* I love her! She's the only one who cares! It was an accident; I was young and stupid! I wasn't able to control my power because I didn't know how," she sincerely added. 

Facing Vladimir and saying, "So tell me then, can't I kill my own father? My father who destroyed me! My father who manipulated me and forced me to replace my twin sister's place, making me like a slave hostage, not letting me experience being a human being, a normal Chrolexian citizen! To him, I'm just a tool."

"Princess Althea,"

"My name's not Althea! He didn't give me a name! I'm nobody! Nobody! Argh!" she angrily replied.

Vladimir raised his left eyebrow and said, "Then what should we call you?"

The princess slowly approached Vladimir, trying to seductively attract his attention. "I don't know. But see here, Tower Master, I'm not the princess anymore. I prefer you to call me Queen."

"No," he said sternly and unbothered.

She moves away angrily from Vladimir. "Shut it, tower master. Why not join me? You hated the palace, am I right? Why not join hands with me? Let's burn everything, recreating this kingdom to a new hell! And I promise you I will not hurt Estelle again."

He did not hesitate and said, "I would rather spend time with the person I care about than destroy the palace."

The princess looks disappointed and jealous of Estelle's value. "What's so great about her, huh!?"

"Let's say that she's my oxygen and sunlight."

*Shing!*

*a portal appears*

A slave wizard came out and said, "My Queen, the crown prince, has arrived!"

"WHAT!?"

-----------------

Hi Angel's!

Thank you for the love and support 💕❤️
I appreciate it so much.

My apologies for the slow update; I've been busy.

Don't forget to like, comment, and follow me on Wattpad!