Chapter 12: The Meeting Room

At the big round table set up for the meeting, everyone is already sitting in their assigned chairs. We all exchanged greetings as we awaited the King's entrance and the commencement of the conference. I was seated between my brother and Vladimir; in front of me is Sir Ramsbury, and beside him is the Princess. OMG, the two protagonists of this novel are in front of me again; this is so cool.

My fingers under the table were twitching and sweating because I was anxious. Even though I can't see them, I can tell that some individuals are looking at me; I must not let them make me feel threatened. Someone in this space is to blame for the accident. I must find some clues.

"The King has arrived!"

We stand and bow to greet the king. "WE GREET HIS MAJESTY, THE SUN OF CHROLEXIA."

"A pleasant morning; please be seated." The King said

I took a peek at the king; he indeed had the aura of a king. I was about to sit down when suddenly he looked in my direction.

It startled me. He smiled and said, "My lady Mullens, how are you?"

"Much better, your majesty." I nervously answered with an awkward smile.

"I heard you encountered three monstrous wolves near the Berkin Village."

"Yes, your majesty."

"How did you escape?"

"I didn't escape." I said, "I was saved by a valiant person, your majesty." I added.

"Is that so? May I know who this person is?" he asked. I could feel the inquisitive looks of the people in the room, like they were all waiting to devour me. It's suffocating, or am I just imagining things?

"Is it the tower master who saved you, my lady?" The princess asked. I look in her direction, beside the king. She's looking at me with her lovely and innocent face. I felt Vladimir's deep breath, not reacting to the questions.

"No." Then suddenly, I remembered that, at that time, Damien was trying to hide from the people. Is it because he is hiding his ability? It was Damien who saved me that day.

"I don't know that person's name, but he was wearing a black cloak; I didn't see his face, unfortunately." I lied.

"What's important is that the lady is safe," Sir Ramsbury, who was sitting beside the princess, said. I looked in his direction, and to my surprise, he was smiling at me, giving me a weird feeling in my stomach. It's good to have a friendly face here.

"But aren't you curious about how the wolves got into that area? Isn't it suspicious?" I look at Deion Moore, who looks like he's in his 20s, the heir of the House Moore, who possesses the water stone's energy. He is known as the young genius and talented man in the kingdom of Chrolexia. It is because of his contribution to the war two years ago.

"Should I be? Is the accident suspicious?" I asked, wearing my 'I know what you mean; I feel the same' face. He smirked and looked at my brother, whose face is indescribable.

"You never know, my lady; what if someone wants you dead?" said Zander Heimlich, who's 25 years old and the heir of the House Heimlich, who possessed the air stone's energy. He is known for being incompetent in business, but he is famous for his paintings. His father doesn't want him to be the heir and is still waiting for his youngest son, who is currently 19 years old, to turn 21. I heard that Zander's youngest brother, named Alexus, is more gifted and powerful than him.

"You shouldn't think that way, my lord; you're making Lady Estelle uncomfortable; it was an accident, nothing more." The princess spoke in a worried tone.