Chapter 24: Meet You Again

"White witch."

"Lady Mullens, it is a pleasure to meet you again. Sadly, we met in a troublesome situation."

"I don't mind at all. I just need to speak with you." I said it in a hurry.

I notice her left eyebrow raised and she smirked, "In a hurry? Or perhaps it's the curiosity?"

I step forward, narrowing our distance, looking into her eyes with confidence and firmness, saying,

"Our last meeting was a failure, since something barged in—a shame really. However, something bothers me; you said something before but you weren't able to finish it. Perhaps it's about the Queen?" I said in a formal tone.

She stares at me, making sure I am serious and trustworthy enough for her assessment.

"Yes, indeed, so?"

"I saw her face. I recognized her."

"... Shh... Don't say it yet."

"Why is that?"

"We need a plan."

"What plan?"

"There are rumors inside the palace that living men can't tell, but dead men can."

"A curse?"

"Maybe. However, there are whispers within the walls. Speaking the hidden story behind the throne, saying, Does the pure blood still have its light and power? Or is it the evil that lurks inside the walls in the kingdom? Devouring people who know the name."

"We need answers. I need answers; my life is on the line here."

"I don't quite comprehend; how is your life on the line here, my lady?"

"The story is all mixed up; it's not running its original course anymore. It's all my fault, White Witch. I don't know if I can trust you, but..."

'Iris! You can't tell her the truth about your existence! '
I heard the original Estelle disagree.

'Let her be.' Gaia said in a calm tone.

"What is it that you're hiding?"

'I don't agree with this! '

".... I."

*Explosions near the tent*

Both of us ran towards the location of the explosion; we are under attack by Teras's!

"How did they find us!?"

"I don't know, but we probably need to run. There's too many of them!" She grabbed me and ran towards the forest.

"Wait! The knights and the other mercenaries are still fighting out there!" And so I tried to stop her from running.

"For Pete's sake, let them be! That's their job!" she said, yelling at me.

"That doesn't make any sense! What about you!?" I argue.

"I don't care about those damn humans! What's important right now is for you to be safe; now that's my job!" she explains, making me feel guilty.

"No, if your job is to keep me safe, then try harder." I ran towards the tents again to help the knights and some mercenaries who were fighting the terases.

"Wait!" she called, but I didn't bother and just continued running.

"Damn it! LADY ESTELLE!" she shouted.

'You can't control your magic yet; why are you in a rush? '-Estelle's Original Soul

'Let her use my power in order for her to understand and learn it.' - Gaia

"I can't run away from this. I need to do something. I possess this power for a reason; using it would be worthwhile. Right, Gaia?"

'You Bet! '

'Being a hero sometimes makes you stupid.' - Estelle's Original Soul

'Lady, it's not stupidity; it's heroism. The powerful protects the weak, old saying, but with true wisdom.' - Gaia

'Just great.' - Estelle's Original Soul

"Lady!" she called, having just arrived.

"Acting like that doesn't make you a great human! You're being unfair! You're not going to fight those teras; you are coming with me in a safe place!" she said while walking towards me.

I raise my palm to stop her from talking and say,  "Stop, I'm not being unfair, and yes, I'm no hero. However, I'm not like you people who don't care about others! I want to help, is that wrong?"

"Look, to be honest, I don't care about you! I don't give a damn if a teras attacks you and eats your face!" she explained in this belief.

"I have a reason. I don't want Vladimir to kill me and let him throw my bloody organs to the teras," she added.

"Really? Vladimir again?" I asked.

"Look, lady, he cares about you, alright? I want you to understand that!" she explained with an irritating tone.

"Why are you afraid of him?" I asked in a curious tone.

"He's Hell. He is death. Eternal darkness. I don't want to meet my end like that; that's why preferably you need to listen to me." She grabbed my wrist, and I was pulled forward slightly.

Suddenly, a bloody teras came attacking us with its red-blooded eyes and long, sharp fangs.

"Watch out! Ugh!" I pushed her, and both of us fell to the ground, successfully evading the attack of the teras.

"RAWR! GRRR!"

"Damn it!" she cursed.

--------------------------

I'm sorry for the short update.

Thank you for reading angels!