Chapter 8: The Berkin Village

<10 PM at the Berkin Village>

A young man is nervously walking towards the direction of his destination while carrying a large bag of charcoal in his back. There was no sound of an owl, not even crickets, on the route which is weird. He was sweating profusely as a result of his worry of being a wolf or bear's next meal. Especially that rumors in the village about wild beast are fresh.

A sudden burst of wind from behind causes him to stop.

"Hello?"

He turned around to check his surroundings. The sky was clear, and the moon was shining brightly. The moonlight makes everything visible, but the young guy saw horror. He could see a six-foot-tall shadow in front of him, staring at him with hungry eyes.

"ARGHHHHH!"

<Morning at the Marquess Mansion>

Maid chattering:

"Have you heard about the news at the Berkin Village?"

"Was it the young man who was mercilessly murdered?"

"Yes, it was horrible!"

"Oh dear! They say that the village is full of wolves or a bear."

"I'm scared, what if those animals get us?"

"Do you really think it's a wild beast who killed that man?"

"Don't say that! Don't say things that are uncertain."

"But what if?"

"Ladies back to your work!" The head maid shouted who caught the maid gossiping instead of working.

*Wind blows*

I'm pretty sure those are not wolves or a freaking bear. The influence of the evil black mist is slowly spreading. There might be monsters lurking around in that village. Should I go to that village to find out?

"My lady! Please get down here, you might hurt yourself! Please be careful my lady!" Ollie called.

I looked down, and I saw my brother looking at me strictly.

"Are you really a lady? What are doing up there? Get down from that tree this instance!" my brother shouted.

I slowly climb down from the tree and face my angry brother.

"Are you a monkey?" he said in a disbelief tone.

"Hi brother!" I smiled.

"Don't give me that look! You're not cute! Come on, fix yourself where going to the temple."

"What? Why?" Now that I noticed he's wearing his blue royal knight uniform, is there an occasion?

He adjusts his clothing and looks at me, "Father told me to bring you to the temple, when I visit there."

"Okay." I turn around as my brother gasps and say,

"Estelle, my god, look at your hair! This is a mess! Is this a nest for birds?" He caressed my hair as if it were the dirtiest hair he had ever touched. Ollie and I both laughed at his reaction.

"Haha, don't worry, I'll take a bath"

He replied, a lovely smile on his lips, "I can't believe you're my sister. Should I cut this tree?"

"Brother no! *giggles*" we both laugh.

Oh brother, how I hope you'll find a lady who will treat you right. I'll see to it that you will live happily in this life. I'll be a good sister.