Chapter 11: The Palace

*chirping birds*

*Rattling wheels of carriage*

"Are you nervous?"

I turn my head and face my brother, who's asking me an obvious question. Of course I am nervous; this is my first time attending a prestigious meeting.

"Do I look like it?"

My brother is wearing his emerald green uniform, which showcases his authority as the commander of the elite knights in the kingdom and is a symbol of the earth element of the House Mullens. To match his outfit, I wore my Georgian-style light green-gold dress. As usual, I make it look simple and elegant by wearing light make-up and a few emerald jewelry pieces. I let my wavy blonde hair down and wore my emerald headdress in a tiara-like style, a family heirloom—the symbolism of the Earth Stone.

"*light chuckles* Don't worry, you look gorgeous today. Well, you are the lady of the house, Mullens. Be proud of that title, my dear sister." He replied, smiling like a proud brother.

"Flattery. I see." I said and turned my head back to the window, and I heard my brother laugh. This piss of sh*t, God! I'm f*cking nervous, d*mn it!

I heard that His Majesty the King is someone you can't mess up with. In the novel, there is no detailed description of the king; however, living in this world, I am able to receive and hear news about his power as the king of this kingdom. He is not an easy man; he is cunning and of a suspicious character. This is simply because I found out that there is a crown prince, I never heard that there was a prince in the novel; it was never mentioned, but Ollie said that the crown prince was raised overseas.

It's suspicious, isn't it? There is so much more about this world that I didn't know; the original Estelle was right. I can't predict the future right now since I am already writing my own story. Everything changed, and I need to be extra careful of what I do and say in the future.

*Carriage stops* *sound of horses*

"We're here," says my brother as he walks out of the carriage and looks at me. "All set?" he asks, offering his hand to support me.

"I don't have a choice, do I?" I smiled, held my brother's hand, and asked him to help me walk down the carriage.

As I stepped out of the carriage, the cold breeze in the air welcomed me. My eyes flutter as I look at the majestic palace of Chrolexia. I've never been invited into the palace before, and this will be my first time entering this place.

Come on, Estelle, compose yourself! Look at them; the nobles are looking in our direction, curious about how I look.

"I greet the Heir and the Lady of the House Mullens!" My brother and I both looked at the person who greeted us warmly.

"Sir Ramsbury, A pleasant morning to you. Thank you for the warm welcome." My brother also greeted me back.

OMG, the male lead! The future duke and the person I've met at the capital.

My eyes widened when I recognized his face. I quickly calmed myself and looked in a different direction, hoping that he wouldn't recognize me.

"I believe this beautiful lady right here is the Lady of the House Mullens."

"Indeed, this is my dear sister. If I remember right, this is our first meeting." I looked at him and bowed slightly, then looked away.

The male lead looks at me, smiling like 'he knows' and 'I recognize you, my lady.'

"Yes, brother, this is our first time meeting. Let me introduce myself, then. My name is Estelle Mullens, and you are my lord?" I acted like nothing had happened between us.