Chapter 22: I Know You!

A witch came running, saying, "My Queen! I have urgent news! The Lady of the House Mullens is in the Berkin Village!"

"Oh really? Well, well, well, how lucky. Quickly unleash the shadows!" said the Queen.

The queen laugh like a true villain, she was exhilarated of the news. However, it's not the same with Damien's, his brows twitched, as he left the Queen's Palace without alarming other witches or creatures.

The Queen, who was suspicious of Damien's recent actions, alarmed her security, saying, "Victor, watch Damien for me, dear."

"Understood my Queen."

---------------------

*Splash!*

"Ah!"

'Quickly out of the water, Estelle! ' Gaia said in panic.

"Ugh! F*ck, I'm soaking wet!"

I swam into the nearest land; thank God, I fell into the lake. How lucky... If I landed in the woods, I'd be dead by now. Geez.

'Such stupidity can cause death.'

"Yeah, yeah, just stop, please."

(sound of water splashing)

(screaming and crying of people near the village)

*Gasping*

"Ha! *Inhales* *exhales* ha! Finally I made it!"

I quickly stood up and fixed myself. I could hear the villagers cries and screams. The roaring of monsters and the smell of blood give me goosebumps. My knees tremble as I realize what I am going to do.

No.

This is not the time to be a coward. I'm here to confirm something. I've been researching for the past few months since that day that I was attacked. This time, their aim is me and the King. They want us both dead.

*Rawr!*

*Gasps!*

*rustling*

Oh my God! What is that monster? It looks like a shadow because it's black as the night, covered with black fire, and has blood on its fangs like a wild panther.

Focus, Estelle, focus. Feel the mana around you and control it.

I raised my hands, and while closing my eyes, I could feel the monster's movement. It was about to attack, but quickly I touched the ground with my palm, and the roots underground showed up wildly and devoured the monster. The earth is shaking because of the intense mana I'm controlling. The ground that was open slowly closes as the monster below struggles and tries to escape.

*Plop!*

"Whosh! That was intense!"

'Well, that's a LITTLE achievement for you.Amazing.' *sarcasm*

"Ha! Thanks for the very warm appreciation. *sarcasm*"

"At least I did something!" I added.

'I can do better than that! Hello? I'm a Goddess! '

"Hey! If you're not satisfied with me, then get out of my life! My life was fine without magic!"

*Silence*

'Okay, my mistake; I was bashful. I apologize.'

"Great." I rolled my eyes.