Chapter 19: Estelle's Power

I can hear voices, and the volume is slowly getting clearer and higher.

"ESTELLE"

That voice—is it him? Vladimir de Russ

Oh I remember, the villain in this story is my best friend. I need to act fast. I need to change Vladimir's perceptions of this world to avoid destruction and death.

I have tried to change him since the beginning of our friendship. To make him softer than in the original novel. Did I successfully complete that mission? I wasn't able to avoid him. I need to tame him more. His blackening was concerning. I don't know what to do if he goes crazy and destroys the whole kingdom.

What's this?

I felt something warm that's holding my hand.

"Please. Let me see your eyes, let me hear your voice, or else I'll go crazy," he whispered.

What!? it's Vladimir!

*Eyes wide open*

"MY LADY!" - Hal

"D*MN": Vladimir

"LADY MULLENS"—Ramsbury

"Vladimir, you psycho. Don't go around destroying things." my voice comes out softer like a sick person, well I was sick.

"Estelle, I can't promise you that. If they hurt you again, I swear." he said with menacing tone.

"Master, I think this conversation can be delayed. The lady needs rest; she just woke up."

"It's fine; wait, who are you?" I ask, since it's an unfamiliar face, but damn he's handsome.

"My name's Hal Fournette, my lady. I am the tower's top tier in healing magic."

Oh? Yes, I remember it was mentioned in the book, that Vladimir has a loyal person who's the top tier of healing magic.

"That's amazing! You're the one who healed me!"

"Precisely, with Lord Ramsbury's assistance, we successfully healed your rampaging and frozen mana."

"Tsk." I heard Vladimir's dissatisfaction and saw his gloomy face.

He held my hand and kissed it. He looks at Hal and Ramsbury like he wants to kick their asses or something.

*Thunder!*

D*MN that thunder again, I'm sure Vladimir did it.

I saw Hal flinch.

"I have a request. Can I have the room with Vladimir? We have something to talk about."

"Yes, my lady."

"As you wish, Lady Mullens."

Hal and Ramsbury left the room, leaving us two. Vladimir is staring at me, thinking what's running on my mind. I give him a signal by waving my hand upside down for him to come closer.

"Vladimir, I am thankful for everything that you did to me."

"What is this? Why are you thanking me? Are you—"

"Shh! I want you to listen." I said seriously, while still laying in bed.

"I know it's hard to let go of someone who is like your family, but I want you to know that people can't be yours. They are things that you can't always be selfish with."

"I only want one thing, and I can be selfish with it. I don't like sharing what's mine." he moves closer and plays with my hair.

"I'm not telling you to change yourself; I'm just trying to tell you the best way to save yourself from demise. I don't want to see you suffer."