Given Up: Part Six (story)

Sabre blinked slowly, rubbing his eyes. Even if it didn’t do anything to fix his eyesight, the action felt comforting. He could move, they weren’t stuck in the machine. Sabre shivered at the thought of being stuck in there once more. Waking up, unable to move, was awful. He wasn’t given a chance to fight back.

One moment he was awake and talking with Green, and next he was in the machine. He didn’t even know what made him go to sleep. It couldn’t have been any food or water. He didn’t eat anything from them and Sabre didn’t trust the water after he overheard them talking that one time. Sabre didn’t like the fact they were able to put him to sleep with ease, and he didn’t even know how they managed it. If it wasn’t such a smart idea, he would hate it even more.

After all, Sabre knew they knew he could easily escape given the opportunity. It was well known within the Leaders and Light of how many times he's managed to escape cells. After all, that’s why they had guards constantly watching him. Sabre couldn’t escape if he was under constant watch. It left him with only three options for escape. Wait for Dark and Shadow, or teleport (using the Dark Crystal) the moment he was outside. If that fails, wait for them to take him somewhere and fight his way out.

…Except they also realized that he had a greater chance at escaping during transport. So the Leaders just knocked him out. Sabre couldn’t escape if he was asleep after all.

Even with all that however, he managed to escape. Yes, he had help, but Sabre was free.

His ‘help’ was a few bits away, discussing something between the two of them. Now that he wasn’t just freed from a machine, Sabre could see that they were roughed up. Sabre glanced at the two. Well, they were roughed up. With them being made of pure Darkness, they healed quicker than Sabre or any Steve. That wasn’t even including the fact that being in the Darkness, what they needed to heal, sped up their healing even more.

Now nothing showed from their previously beat up forms.

Sabre blinked tiredly in their direction. He should be able to hear what they were saying, but he didn’t have the energy to pay attention. Something thrummed internally at the thought of energy, but nothing else happened. He was too tired to deal with this. Sabre knew something happened in that machine, but not what. It left him with an uneasy feeling, trying to piece together a puzzle with the pieces facing downwards.

Sabre reached up to grab the Dark Crystal, only to feel air. He still needed to tell the other two that the Dark Crystal was destroyed. When he mentally came to, he was already in the Darkness and the two were off where they still stood. He knew he should call the others over and tell them, but Sabre didn’t want to yet utter the words into existence yet. It was stupid, since obviously the Dark Crystal was gone, but he hoped that if he ignored the fact it was gone, it would soon reappear.

The fact it was gone should have sent panic throughout him, yet nothing of the sort was happening. He didn’t feel confused or panicked. Now that he thought about it…he really wasn’t feeling much of anything.

He hummed quietly to himself.

He was in shock, probably.

Could someone realize they’re in shock? He didn’t know. That would be a question for the Green Steves, but its not like he could go and talk to them.

Sabre looked away from the two. He wondered how Thera was doing.

“...ᓵᔑℸᔑꖎ||ᓭℸ?”

Sabre found himself blinking, staring out into the Darkness. He knew it was a word and Sabre knew it was relating to him…just not how he knew that or what the word was. Or where it came from, in that matter. Anytime he thought about where it came from, it just felt as if it was echoing around him.