Betrayal: Part Five (Story+art): Rainbow's Gift and Memory

Look!!!! Loooook!!!!!

Look at what @SmileSheepy did!!!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!! I love this <3333

I love how the black fade against the white! How it manages to fade yet seem to end sharply. And the small details of the hands. Plus the knot of the rainbow blanket. And the hood. The image portraying Sabre how I imagined him in this AU is <333. He isn't a loud villain like you would assume but rather just suddenly there. (Shadow's the loud one between the two).

Plus I forgot to mention this with the art I made, but one of the reasons why Sabre ends up committing a lot of arson is because after so long of being attacked with fire, it's nice to have control over it for once. So him just watching the flames like how someone watches a sunset is *chef's kiss*.

Each time I see this I just grin, I love it.

ANYWAYS! Before we get to the story, I would like to say I believe in platonic friends saying 'I love you'. There is no ships or relationships in my stories unless it is canonical unless stated otherwise. Just as a heads up.

— — — Story — — —

Rainbow sat on a blanket that was laid out on the grass inside of the Rainbow Hub. Next to him laid a roll of white string, with the end being threaded through the eye of a needle. A pincushion next to him held the extra pins as he continued working on the project he was doing.

The sun shone down on him, but not unbearably. A nice breeze would occasionally blow through the Hub, causing the nice temperature caused by the sun to drop a small bit.

He focused on his lap, where the soon to be finished gift was laid. It was for Sabre, but he wasn't worried that Sabre would see it before it was done.

Rainbow knew Sabre, Time, and Gerald went to visit the Violet Steves and shouldn't be back until after dinner, giving him plenty of time. He should be done with the blanket before they arrived. It wasn't even noon yet and he was about done.

Rainbow smoothed out a wrinkle in the blanket.

The material was a velvety type, the softest fabric he could find. Rainbow quickly noted from the beginning that Sabre would often run a hand back and forth on soft materials, seemingly not even realizing he was doing it until it was pointed out. The next thing Rainbow would find out is that Sabre had a habit of hoarding soft fabric items, keeping them in a small pile that he'd often sleep in rather than his bed.

Rainbow tried sleeping like that one day, but decided that that wasn't for him long term. If Sabre felt more comfortable sleeping in a pile of blankets rather than a bed, so be it. After all, he had a habit of eating pufferfish even if it made his stomach queasy. He couldn't judge a Sabre for his odd habits.