Evolution High School [Fluff/Hurt/Comfort] (Taurian)

Start from the beginning

"I don't know," Pearl replies, looking at the floor before meeting Grian's eyes again. "It doesn't matter. Let's just make our way to the cafeteria. The others are probably confused as to why we're late."

The two start walking back towards the staircase to go down to the ground floor. "Oh, yeah, I was reading a book in the courtyard earlier and the Property Police came up to me. Something about me scoring higher on a test?" Grian says.

"Oh, hah, that's kind of funny. Timmy and Martyn are adorable sometimes. What test was it?"

"I don't even know. I basically said, 'I'm better, you don't even do the homework, it's not the end of the world, skill issue'."

Pearl laughs at this remark. "That sounds like something you'd say."

They enter the cafeteria together and continue talking about some classes while walking towards their usual table in the far corner.

"Hi Grian, Pearl!" Salem calls out.

"Took you long enough," Timmy says.

Martyn and Netty are deep in a conversation about cats and do not greet the siblings. BigB looks up from a book he's reading and waves politely with a smile, and Zee is fast asleep with his head resting on the table.

Grian and Pearl take their seats and start eating their lunch, talking about whatever comes to mind with the others at the table. But there are a few empty seats, which Grian decides to ask about.

"Hey, BigB?"

BigB perks his head up. "Hmm?"

"Where are Tomohawk, Mini, and Taurtis?" Grian asks.

"Oh," BigB lifts his head up and closes his book. "Thanks for reminding me, I was supposed to be meeting Tom and Mini in the library during lunch today. As for Taurtis, I have no idea. Sorry!" BigB stands up and grabs his bag, shoving his book into it and swinging it over his shoulder.

"That's okay, thanks!" Grian thanks BigB as he waves goodbye and leaves the cafeteria. That leaves Taurtis.

Where could that idiot be? Grian asks himself while looking at the empty seat where Taurtis usually sits. He must've stared at it for a while, because before he knows it, Pearl and Salem are whispering and Grian can hear a chorus of 'ooooooo~'s coming from their general direction.

He looks over at them and they're smirking at him. "Why do you wanna know where he is?" Salem asks teasingly.

"Shut up," Grian stands up. "It's not like that. I just was wondering where he is," Grian picks up his backpack and puts it on, sticking his tongue out at the two girls as he throws his scraps in the garbage can and leaves the cafeteria.

He walks through the empty hallway alone with his thoughts. There's no way I like him. He thinks to himself. That's too much of a trope.

The rest of the school day goes by fairly quickly, Grian having three classes and a free period before meeting with Timmy to walk to the dorm building.

In their school, students are dormed in an entirely separate building from the school building itself. Said other building has a, thankfully covered, pathway that leads to and from the school building, which is where classes are held. Inside the dormitory building, there is a small 24/7 shop where students can buy things they might need, ranging from midnight snacks to shampoo.

The two make conversation about whatever comes to mind, and, as per usual, it ends up with Grian calling Timmy stupid as they enter their shared living area.

Each dorm consists of a small kitchen and a livingroom-type area, as well as four private bedrooms, meaning that each dorm has room for four occupants. Grian, Timmy, Martyn, and Taurtis dorm together.