Chapter 20 - Why do I hate you?

(Scar POV)

Scar sat on the couch in his livingroom watching the evening news on the TV.

Sunday. He had school the next day. It was something he shouldn't have forgotten, but he did.

I mean how the hell was he supposed to remember with everything going on!?

Friday. Everything was perfect. He was holding Grian tight to his own body. He confessed his love for the blonde and it wasn't one-sided.

Saturday. Everything... and Scar meant everything went wrong. Grian had figured out Scars biggest secret and Grian even let the dumb hero to know about who he was.

He would have called it Grians biggest secret, but after what he had said in that room, Scar knew that was nothing big.

Hell! Grian had magic! Not once had he used it before. Not while fighting Scar. Not before meeting Scar.

Going back to that night Scar felt like his lungs tightened at the memories.

The whole previous day Scar had spent mourning the loss of four Skys, Gem, Fonnie, Avery and Mateo, and their headquarter location being hidden.

Jimmy had been immediately taken to a hospital, same with many others. Avery and Mateo were found dead while checking the remains of their headquarters.

Although Scar had been occupied with Grian, there had apparently been about twenty or so Burneds attacking the building from all sides and only when Scar was able to get outside he could see how the building was damaged.

Which led to the next thing on Scars mind.

Grian.

What was Grian to Scar? And what was Scar to Grian? Of course, he still loved Grian from the bottom of his heart, you can't just forget the love you feel for someone in two days. Not when it was accepted and returned...

The news reporter talked about the happenings not that long ago. They expressed their understanding to Averys family, her real identity rolling off their tongue like a cursed nothing.

They talked about how Gem and Fonnie were traitors, about Pearl being Moonlit, about Mateo and Avery, but nothing about Grian, nothing about Jimmy, nothing about the injured heros who shouldn't have to be in the goddamm hospital!

Scar was just angry.

Angry with Grian. Angry with Xisuma. Angry with the Burneds. Angry with the Skys. Angry with the goddamm news reporter. But most importantly he was angry with himself.

He had attacked Grian so easily, hurting him, causing him pain which was basically the same as hurting him, but his mind wanted a reason for Scar to be angry with himself.

Scar got up from the couch and turned the TV off.

He should get some rest. He had school the next day and he wasn't exactly sure what to do with this sudden situation. Would Grian even come to school? Would Pearl and Gem come?

Those were questions only future Scar could answer.

-

Scars alarm rang with it's annoying ringing.

He groaned and rolled over in his bed to access his phone which was still ringing.

Turning off the alarm, Scar looked at the time qith sleepy eyes.

7:37am

Shit! Scar jumped out his bed, getting a slight dizziness, but waving it off to put on clean clothes.

School started at 7:45. He was gonna be so so so late.

-

Scar rushed through the school halls to get to his class.

It was 8am now. He needed to get to room 5-215.

God fucking dammit! Scar cursed when he tripped on thin air and almost fell on the ground before catching his balance and continuing to run.

He finally reached the classroom and walked in.

-"Sorry for being late." Scar apologized and accepted the detention his teacher gave him.

Scar went to sit down next to Grian. Not like he wanted to. Their teacher had redone the seating chart and had kept them sitting next to each other, because apparently Scars grades had went up while he was sitting with Grian.

He sat down and started to take out his books and pens.

-"Look," Scar whispered to Grian. "I know you don't want to talk to me-"

-"You're correct so shut the fuck up." Grian cut him off with an aggressive whisper.

Scar took in a heavy breath.

-"I just want to talk our... situation out with you." He admitted and begged Grian to agree.

The avian snapped back, still in a whisper. "You couldn't wait until after class!? I'm not talking to you about anything if you're going to try doing it while we're supposed to be listening to the teacher!"

-"Right... sorry, I'll wait." Scar apologized.

He hated it. How Grian spoke to him in that tone. How Grian avoided looking at him.

Scar just brushed it all off and tried to focus on the class. He really did try.

-

-"Can we talk now?" Scar grabbed Grian by his wrist while leaving the classroom after the class had ended.

Grian shot a look around both of them before burning his eyes into Scars. "After school. Wouldn't want to risk your little secret spreading."

Scar tried to keep himself together. He fucking tried.

-"Are you fucking kidding me!? Your secret ain't even better! Atleast if they found out about me they would adore me! For you! They'd hate you. They would follow you to your house and at the right moment they'd set fire to it with you inside." His words sounded like threats, but Grian didn't even blink. Not even once.

-"After school." Grian spat out those words with so much aggression Scar wasn't sure this was the Grian he had walked with to their classroom months ago.

Grian pulled his hand out of Scar grasp and walked off, wings flapping once in annoyence.

Scar groaned. What had happened? It had been about three days and both of them had changed for the worse. He hated seeing himself change like that.

Why was he feeling so much hate towards Grian? Why was Grian returning it? What exactly had happened three days ago? Why was Scar still questioning these things?

(Word count: 1091)
It's not like the best, but I just wanted to put out a chapter that wasn't full of angst or fluff. Plus now I can relax and wait for my motivation to return in peace.

Just a small reassurance Gem and Fonnie ain't dead. They're just not heros anymore so that's why Scars mourning them.

Also thank you to everyone who's been commenting, voting and just reading this story! It really means a lot <3

Burning Wings - Scarian Hero/Villian Highschool AU On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara