Chapter 13 - Healing

Happy New Years! My second gift to you!

And before we get into the chapter I'd like to admit one mistake I made regarding the latest chapters.

In c10 it was stated that in the middle of the circled layout was the museum and the next fight would be at Rift Street. As you probably know already, the fight happened at the museum instead of the randomly named street so to fix that unexpectedly big issue, I changed it.

So now in the chapter it says that the next fight would be at the museum and in the middle of the circle is the central park.

That's something I realized to late and those who are reading this after the change are probably really confused, but that was something I wanted to make clear.

(Grian POV)

Someone gripped Grian harshly and pulled him away from Hotguys bloody body, he would call it a corpse, but Grian didn't know if he was still alive. Grian tried to kick and hit, and scratch, but the person didn't let him go.

He screamed out threats and curses, but the person didn't let him go.

After a while he was dragged into the cover of an alley and he stopped screaming.

The grip on him was loosened and Grian was ready to attack the person when many horrified screams and gasps sounded from somewhere near the museum and Grian watched as a group of Skys ran to Hotguys body.

The person fully let him go after realizing he has calmed down.

Grian stood up on his own and watched as a girl with wavy brown hair tried healing Hotguys cuts and stabs before eventually someone else picked his body up and walked off.

His mind was blank.

There was a part of him that wanted to break down at what Grian had just done. The other part of him was what Grian was horrified at. The part of him that wanted to laugh at how pathetic Hotguy had been and how absurdly weak the so called Heros were.

A hand was placed on his shoulder, but Grian didn't react, he just stared at the spot Hotguy had layed at.

-"Grian." The ever so familiar voice spoke in it's sweetness and lightness.

The person walked into Grians sight and stopped a bit off to the side staring at him.

Grian looked to the person with the same blank stare. Their beautiful light blue eyes looking into him.

-"Pearl, I-" Grian cut himself to try and find the right words, but with failure.

-"We should go to Headquarters now." Pearl suggested and, with a slight nod from Grian, they started heading back without anyone seeing them.

He didn't want to be there for longer than he already had been. Hotguy could still be alive, right? Grian didn't care, honestly, but he wanted him to be alive. He needed him to be alive. Grian wouldn't be able to bear seeing Hotguys dying body at every corner of his eyes. He wouldn't be able to see the people mourning the loss of a hero he killed! It would be to much for him!

Though Grian was very familiar with the feelings he got when hurting a Sky, this felt different. He felt more out of control, like something was trying to urge him to do things faster. Like time was running out. Each second like a grain of sand in an hourglass, slowly ticking by and reminding him that time was running out.

But he was not ready yet. He needed more time.

-

Grian and Pearl entered the Burned Headquarters. Many villians were chatting, some were trying to get into a room which was denied entry by Wels, a fellow scientist.