Chapter 12 - He's not dying, he knows that

Merry Christmas everyone! This is my gift to you and I hope you enjoy it as much as the other chapters.

(Scar POV)

Scar sat on the roof of a tall gray building with a nice look-over the National Boatem Museum.

The sun highlighted the city's trees and the taller buildings. It was a perfect day for a walk or picnic, or a hang out with your friends. Such a shame those heartless monsters decided to, probably, blow some shit up.

Scar liked to call it a weird coincidence that his classes were canceled today. Although it was weird it was better than a stupid excuse for the hundredth time.

Jimmy, or as he was known, Gold wing, was perched on the edge next to him. His wings were pulled back in a weird angle obtaining that sparkling gold shimmer in the sun.

-"Can avians do that?" Scar asked with a simple gesture to Jimmy's wings.

The winged hero looked back a bit before turning his head back and shrugging. "How am I supposed to know? I'm not an avian."

-"You know for someone literally named Gold wing you'd expect them to atleast have real wings." Scar said with a teasing tone.

Jimmy flapped his wings and set them a bit spread out over his body which probably looked intimidating from far away.

-"Oh shut up, it's easier for me. They wouldn't expect a hero with wings to be a shape-shifter." He said looking over the museum with a suspicious and nervous expression.

-"You can relax, they'll probably blow some stuff up to let us know they're here." The brunette laughed, leaning his weight on his shoulders on the concrete rooftop.

-"But what if they don't. They're smart, sometimes more than we are." Jim said back with a small tap of his finger on the concrete edge.

-"Wow! Don't disrespect the Skys like that!" Scar overdramaticly took offense.

-"I would never disrespect the Skys, only you." A small laugh escaped Jimmy's mouth.

-"Rude." Scar murmured knowing his teammate heard it.

A colder breeze hit Scars face. Both heros turned to the direction it came from, obviously being weirded out and more wary.

Only thing they saw was the seemingly never ending buildings and the sweet blue sky that formed a beautiful horizon.

But something was definitely wrong.

Scar slowly sat up, as to not pull attention to him, and kept staring at the horizon waiting for something to launch at them to attack.

-"Hotguy. We're being watched." Jimmy said with an uneasy tone. He used his hero name which meant someone was watching them.

Scar felt the gaze of many eyes engrave themselves into his skin with a burning feeling in his head.

He turned his head away from the horizon and back to the museum.

Unnerving silence took over them and the rooftop they were on. The warmth of the sun also was making itself known much more than earlier.

Jimmy's wings shifted into a position Grians wings usually went in before flying off. He was definitely getting ready.

Silence.

Scar took out his bow with an arrow. He drew back the bow, getting ready to fire at anything or anyone that came into sight.

Nothing.