Family drama

I felt myself getting pulled from my dream as my eyes suddenly opened and consciousness came back to me. I furrowed my brows, wondering why I had been woken so abruptly. But I didn't have to wonder for long. My eyes landed on the face of my uncle John. He was standing over me with something held in his hand. He quickly stuffed the item into his pocket once he noticed that I was awake.

"What the fuck?" I asked as I sat up

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." John said

"What are you doing in here?" I asked him

"I...don't worry about it." He swiftly turned and left my room, shifting the door behind him.

I exhaled shakily and focused on the door, casting a locking charm on it so he wouldn't be able to get back in. I would have to tell Damon about this, what did he have in his hand? Was he planning on killing me?

It took me a long while to fall back asleep again, but eventually my eyes closed and I fell into a restless dream. A part of my mind was now on edge, waiting for him to try and get back in again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Come to my class. ASAP'

The message from Alaric popped up on my phone, causing me to furrow my brows. I headed down the corridor towards the history class only to see Damon walking down the hallway towards me.

"Fancy seeing you here." Damon said with a coy smile

"Yeah, not like I go to school here or anything." I said with a small smile

We met in front of Alaric's classroom door. Damon reached for the door hand and opened it, beckoning for me to go first. I gave him a grateful smile as I stepped into the classroom. Damon stepped through behind me and closed the door.

"Damon. Florence, thanks for coming." Alaric said. I noted that both Elena and Stefan were already here.

"Sorry I'm late, my dog ate my, uh...never mind." Damon said

I looked over at my sister to see she had a shocked expression on her face. She was staring ahead of her but I could tell she wasn't really looking at anything. I furrowed my brows at her, wondering what was wrong.

"What's with all the furrowed brows?" Damon asked

"I saw Isobel last night." Alaric said

"What?" I asked with wide eyes

"Isobel's here?" Damon asked

Alaric nodded wordlessly. "In town?" Damon asked again. He then looked over his shoulder at Elena.

I walked over to her and placed my hand on her shoulder, trying to offer comfort to her. Alaric filled Damon and I in on his conversation with Isobel.

"Did you ask about uncle John? Are they working together?" Damon asked. My heart jolted slightly at the mention of him.

"No." Alaric said

"No, they're not?" Damon asked for clarification

"No, I didn't ask." Alaric said

"What about the invention?" Damon asked

"Didn't ask." Alaric said

"She know about the tomb vampires?" Damon asked

"I don't know." Alaric said

"Did words completely escape you?" Damon asked him exasperatedly

"I was a little too distracted by my dead vampire wife to ask any questions." Alaric raised his voice