Vicki's "hangover"

Caroline was not happy with me. She had called me with a very unhappy tone of voice when she realized I wasn't at the sexy studs car wash. If I'm being honest, the thought completely left my mind. Strange fundraisers are the least of my problems right now. I had to apologize a thousand times and promise to take her out for lunch before she would forgive me.

I sighed didn't to myself as I stared up at my white ceiling. Ever since my conversation with Stefan, since I learned that Vampires are really real. And since he told me that he doesn't know what I am, my mind has been spinning with questions. Perhaps a person who could give me answers was Bonnie's Grandmother.

My phone buzzing on my bedside table caused me to lose my attention and drop the book onto my bed with a thud. I sighed and reached out to grab my phone, when I read the caller ID I saw it was Stefan.

I quickly replied and held it up to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hey. We've got problems. Big problems." Stefan said. His emotions were all over the place. Ranging from fear to great sadness.

"What is it?" I asked

"Damon's escaped, he killed Zach and I don't know where he is. And...Elena knows. She figured it out. She was just here and then she ran from me." Stefan explained

"What! Oh, my god." I could hardly get the words out as my heart rate skyrocketed.

"I'm coming over now, okay?" Stefan said just as I heard the front door bang open.

"Okay." I said, Stefan then hung up the phone and I quickly got up from my bed and opened up my bedroom door just as Elena made it to her own room.

"Elena, are you okay?" I asked her. She looked at me like a deer caught in headlights. Her eyes were wide with fear and betrayal.

"I'm fine." She said with a shaky voice. I sighed and walked over to her, placing my hand on her shoulder. I could feel her shaking under my hand. The familiar pull in my veins screamed at me when I touched her, I pushed it aside quickly. I don't need this right now.

"You don't look fine." She shook her head to deny it again, but I cut her off. "Elena, it's okay. You can talk to me. I know."

"You know? know what?" She asked in confusion.

"I know about Stefan. About what he is." I stated. Her eyes went wide and she was about to question me, but I gently pushed her over to her room so we could have some privacy.

"How? When? You knew? For how long?" Elena rambled as she began to pace her bedroom floor.

"I figured it out, I put the pieces together and yesterday I confronted Stefan about it." I said as calmly as I could.

"How can you be calm about this?" Elena asked as she stopped in front of me

"I'm not. I'm scared, el. The things that go bump in the night are real. I'm adjusting but I'm still scared." I said honestly

Elena let out a shaky sigh before she stepped forward and wrapped her arms tightly around my shoulders. I quickly wrapped my arms around her back and gave her a tight squeeze.

"I'm so scared, Flo." Elena whispered into my shoulder

"I know." I whispered in response.

I almost jumped when Stefan suddenly appeared in front of me in Elena's room. That super speed of his really is no joke. I locked eyes with him over Elena's shoulder, he had tears brimming in his eyes as he looked back at me.

I gently let go of Elena and nodded my head to the man behind her. Elena turned around and gasped, quickly backing into me and gripping onto me for dear life. I could tell that she wanted to run away.