Another Founders party

My necklace was empty. It was only a matter of time before it happened, and I'm honestly surprised that the spell Sheila cast has lasted as long as it did. This meant that I would have to get Bonnie to cast a new spell, and I can only hope that I won't need any magic before then.

I sighed softly as I pulled my hoodie over my head. Not having my own magic was an inconvenience at the best of times, and now I have no access to magic. Sure, I have supernatural friends I could take from if the need arises, but I would rather not have to hurt them.

Aunt Jenna was putting a notebook in Elena's bag when I walked down the stairs. Elena shot her a smile before she opened the front door. All three of us were surprised to see an unfortunately familiar face standing on the other side of the door.

"Elena."

"Uncle John. Hi." Elena said awkwardly

"Jenna. Florence." John said, looking over Elena's shoulder.

"John. You made it." Jenna said. I didn't know he was coming to town, and by the look on my sister's face, neither did Elena.

"I said I'd be in by noon." John said as he stepped past Elena and walked into the house.

"What you say and what you do are typically two very different things." Jenna said

"Uncle John. What's up?" Jeremy said as he finally walked down the stairs with his backpack

"Hey. I had some business in town. I thought a visit was in order." John said

"How long are you staying?" Elena asked

"I don't know yet." John said

"Okay, well, I'm going to school. I'll see you later." Elena said. I was already standing at the doorway, waiting for her, so when she said that I very quickly exited the house and headed towards my car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bonnie was still off. I couldn't blame her for not being here after everything that happened to her grams, but she is the only witch I know and until she gets back to Mystic Falls, I'm basically defenseless.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice Elena striding over to me. I was startled when she sat down in front of me with a serious expression on her face.

"Jeremy wrote an essay on vampires." Elena said as she sat down beside me

"Oh. Um, well, let's not jump to any conclusions. What type of vampire are we talking about here? Dracula? Edward Cullen?" I asked her

"It was titled, fact or fiction? The truth about vampires in mystic falls." Elena stated

"Yeah, that's bad. That's really bad. You don't think the compulsions wearing off, do you?" I asked her

"I hope not. I don't know what he knows, I'm going to talk to him later." Elena said

"Okay. Let me know what you find out." I replied with a nod.

"Will our lives ever be easy, or normal?" Elena asked with a sigh

"Nope. Life is never easy, for anyone. As for normal, I cannot answer that. Considering that I'm an abomination of a witch, so even if I ran away from town and away from all vampires, I'd still...be me." I said. I felt like I had over shared. "Who wants to be normal anyway? It's overrated."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't help but sigh as I walked up the path to the Lockwood mansion yet again. We were having yet another founders day party, this time to celebrate the 150 year anniversary of founders day. I put my hands into the pockets of my dress and walked into the building. There were a lot of people inside, all of their talking merged together into one incomprehensible sound.