Its been weird

"I need to go and get a drink." Damon said, he was now rocking around in a pair of sunglasses as his eyes were in a lot of pain. It was taking more than a minute for them to heal.

"Okay. Let's go then." I said, grabbing my car keys out of my jumper pocket and heading for the door.

"Hey, hold on now. I can drive." Damon said as he followed after me

"You just had your eyes poked at by a woman's thumbs. You are not driving." I stated as I stepped out the door.

"All right, fine." He said dramatically as he followed me to my car.

He was so dramatic as he climbed into the passenger side. I switched on the car and pulled out of the Salvatore driveway.

"So, you would really kill for me, huh?" Damon asked

"That is yet to be seen, because I haven't actually killed anyone yet." I said.

"But you would. If someone was about to kill me, you would do it." Damon prompted

"Yeah, probably." I admitted. That was a scary thought, the hold this vampire has on me is concerning to the highest level.

"Interesting." He hummed to himself.

"What is?" I asked him

"I just didn't realize that you cared that much." He admitted thoughtfully

"I've spent too much time around you, you've rubbed off on me." I said jokingly

"I could do more than that." Damon said with a suggestive smirk

"Do you want me to turn this car around?" I asked him, pretending to be annoyed at him.

"No. Definitely not." Damon shook his head. We finally came to the Mystic Grill. I pulled to a stop outside and parked the car.

Damon and I got out and entered the bar, I followed him as he headed straight for the bar. I took a seat next to him, noting the woman who was sitting on the other side of him. I glanced over at her to realize that she was Matt Donovan's mother. Last I heard, she had run off, again.

"What's with the glasses inside?" She asked.

"My, um...ahem. My eyes are a little sensitive today." Damon said as he took the sunglasses off.

"You're new around here." She said

"Oh, on the contrary, I'm very old. Bourbon, neat." Damon said

"I haven't been gone that long. I would remember someone who looked like you." She said, I could hear the flirtatious tone in her voice and it made me uncomfortable. Part of me wanted to tell her to back off, but that would be implying that Damon was with me. And that's far from the truth. 

"Yeah? Where did you go?" Damon asked

"Around. About." Kelly said

"Been there." Damon laughed as he took a sip of his drink.

"I love to see a man drown his sorrows. It's so sexy." She mused

"I'm still here. Just putting that out there." I said loudly, feeling slightly uncomfortable, and a little more than jealous.

"Oh, Florence. I didn't see you there. It's nice to see you again." Kelly said cautiously

"Yeah. Nice to see you too, Mrs Donovan." I said awkwardly

"Huh, so you two know each other?" Damon asked

"Yes. She was friends with my son last I remember." Kelly said

"Well, he was dating Elena then, so I saw him a lot." I said with a shrug

"Too bad they aren't dating anymore. I do not like that Caroline girl." Kelly said. I tried not to roll my eyes at her catty comment.

"So, what brings you here?" Damon asked

"I was supposed to be interviewing for the bartender job but I think the manager just blew me off." She said with a shrug

"That's not very nice." Damon said

"Yeah. Last time I was in town, I slept with her boyfriend." She said

"Classy." I murmured, knowing that no one but Damon could hear me. I saw him smirk into his drink at my sly comment. Instead of looking after her children, she was off with someone else's boyfriend.

"That's not very nice either." Damon chastised her

"It happens." She said with a shrug

"Yes, it does." Damon agreed

"Kelly?" I heard a very familiar voice say from behind us. Aunt Jenna had also joined in on the fun. Great. "Kelly Donovan?"

"Jen!" Kelly said happily. She got up from her seat and tightly hugged Jenna.

"I heard you were back in town. She used to babysit me." Jenna said to Damon happily

"And then I used to party with her." Kelly said

"This woman is crazy." Jenna said.

"Not as crazy as you." Kelly said

"Not anymore. I'm a responsible parent, and speaking of...what the hell are you doing here?" Jenna asked as she lent to the side to get a good look at me.

I gave her a sheepish smile and hid behind Damon slightly, trying to stay out of her line of sight.

"It's my fault, Jenna. Sorry. I wanted a drink and she drove me here." Damon said

"It's fine. I'm not mad that your at the grill, I'm just not happy that you're at the bar ." Jenna said

"Why don't you join us?" Kelly asked

"Uh, I shouldn't." Jenna said

"Take a night off, it's good for the soul." Kelly said

"Great for the soul." Damon added

Jenna sighed and took a seat beside Kelly. The bartender came over and poured another drink for Jenna.

"This is not gonna end well." Jenna said

"Can't wait." Damon said. They clinked their glasses together and took a drink. I sighed as my legal guardian downed a shot.

"Well, this is my cue to leave. It's been weird." I said. I then gently grabbed Damon's face and turned him to face me, taking the opportunity to look into his eyes. They had healed well in the last hour. "Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone."

"I cannot promise that." Damon said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes but smiled nonetheless before I got up and walked away from the bar. As I headed to the front door, I spotted Elena, Stefan, Caroline and Matt sitting at a table together. Talk about the most awkward double date of the century. I pushed open the door of the grill just as my phone buzzed. I pulled it out of my pocket to see that Damon had messaged me.

"Jealousy suits you, just fyi." It read. I rolled my eyes, slightly frustrated that he had picked up on that. I climbed back into my car and headed back home.