Halloween kills

October 31st. Halloween. Usually a holiday that I absolutely love, the spookiness and the autumn leaves, but this year feels different. I suppose that's what happens when you find out that Vampires are real in October. Usually, I would allow myself to be dragged along to the Halloween party at the high school, but School is about to start and I haven't even gotten out of bed.

My phone buzzed on my nightstand, letting me know that I had a text message. I reached out and grabbed my phone, turning it over to see that Stefan had messaged me. "We found Vicki."

I sighed in relief, at least I wouldn't have to worry about that. Part of me wanted to go over to the Salvatore residence and check up on them, and part of me wanted to stay far away while Vicki was still new. The likelihood of her losing control is high.

And then there was the problem that I had been pushing away for far too long. What am I? How is it that I can sometimes do things that are unexplainable and then other times I can't do anything.

I finally decided to roll out of bed with the full intention of skipping school and taking a detour to Bonnie's Grams house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sighed softly as I pulled up in front of Sheila Bennett's house. My hands gripped the wheel tightly as I wondered whether this was the right thing, if Sheila knew anything about actual witchcraft or not. I decided that the risk was worth it and opened my car door, waking up to the front door of the house.

My hand hovered over Bonnie Bennett's Grams door. Before I could even knock on the door, it swung open. Sheila stared at me with a friendly and understanding smile. "I've been waiting for you to show up."

"You have?" I asked in confusion

"Please, come in." Sheila said kindly, she held the door open wider and allowed me to step inside her house. I walked inside and she gestured for me to take a seat on her sofa. "Would you like a drink?"

"No, thank you." I replied. I was nervously fiddling with my hands and pulling the sleeves of my jumper over my hands. Sheila took a seat beside me on the sofa just as the hallway door opened to reveal Bonnie.

"Flo? What are you doing here?" She asked me in confusion

"Um, it's complicated." I said hesitantly
"It's okay, Bonnie knows more than you may think." Sheila said comfortingly

"I-I don't know how to explain it. Um, I had a vision, and I somehow moved water without touching it." I said hesitantly, unsure of how to explain my situation.

"Well, it sounds to me like you're a witch. But something is telling me there's more to you." Sheila said, prompting me for more information.

"Um, I don't know. Well, the thing is, sometimes I can't do witch things. Like I tried to move a necklace and it didn't work. And, It's like I can sense things. Sometimes when I make contact with someone I feel this buzzing that I can't explain."

"Whenever you have used your powers, it's after you have made contact with someone?" Sheila asked

I furrowed my brows, thinking about what she said. When my lightbulb burst, I had touched Stefan, but that could have been the glass overheating. When I moved the water, I had shaken Damon's hand. "Yes."

Sheila hummed to herself with a nod. Her brows were furrowed in thought. "I think I know what you are. You're a Siphoner."

"A what?" I asked with furrowed brows

"A siphoner is a type of Witch who does not have their own power, but they can siphon magic from other beings and from magical objects. It's incredibly rare." Sheila explained