Babysitter

Night had fallen, and Stefan still hadn't come back. Leaving us with no idea of how Vicki is or if she has turned yet or not. I have been continuously checking my phone for any messages from Stefan but there has been no word from the man.

The past few hours have been quiet, and it has been driving me crazy with worry. I decided to go down stairs and see Elena and Jeremy. The moment my foot touched the hallway floor at the bottom of the stairs, the doorbell suddenly rang.

I furrowed my brows and headed over to the front door, hoping that it could be Stefan. Elena and Jeremy quickly appeared behind me as I opened the door. The moment my eyes landed on Damon Salvatore, I attempted to slam the door shut again, but he was stronger than me. He managed to push the door open no matter how hard I tried to keep it shut.

"Jeremy, go upstairs." Elena stated as she stared angrily at Damon.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him spitefully.

"I wanted to see my favorite people." Damon shrugged sarcastically with a coy smile. He then glanced at Elena and took note of her terrified expression.

"You're afraid of me. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess. Stefan finally fessed up." Damon said

"Stay away from me." Elena said forcefully

"Hey, hey, there's no need to be rude. I'm just looking for Stefan. May I come in? Oh, wait, of course I can. I've been invited." Damon said. He then stepped inside. I backed away and pushed Elena to stand behind me.

Damon shut the door behind him and walked casually into the hallway. "We can cut to the chase if you want. I'm not gonna kill you right now. That wouldn't serve my greater agenda. So...where's Stefan?"

"He's out looking for Vicki." Elena said.

Damon looked between the two of us before his gaze settled on my angry face. "Don't look at me with those judge-y little eyes. Girl's gonna thank me for what I did to her." Damon stepped forward towards me, and I backed away, trying to keep the distance between us.

"Did you thank Katherine?" Elena suddenly asked

Damon backed away from me, giving me room to breathe once again. "Got the whole life story, huh?"

"I got enough." Elena stated

"Oh, I doubt that." He paused for a moment before he made his way towards the door. "Tell my brother I'm looking for him."

Damon opened the door, and impulsively, I stepped forward and headed towards him. "Where are you going?"

"To look for Stefan." Damon stated confusedly

I huffed a sigh and pushed down the fear that sat in my chest. "I'm coming with you."

"No, Florence. You can't." Elena said worriedly.

"What? No you're not." Damon stated

"Stefan is my friend. Besides, I'm not gonna let you walk around at night by yourself." I stated as I stepped closer to him

"Are you worried about my safety?" He asked in a low voice, there was a hint of danger in his tone.

"No. I'm worried about everyone else's. Consider me your vampire babysitter." I stated in a similar tone, refusing to let him scare me anymore than he already does. I am a witch. I have power. I can defend myself.

"I do not need a babysitter." Damon said with an aggressive tone. I ignored him and followed him out the house, I turned around to see a worried looking Elena. "I'll be back."