The Human torch

Elena had attempted to get behind the wheel, but I persuaded her to let me drive. She was injured and she was crying. She told me that she had lied to Matt, telling him she didn't know where Vicki was. And it broke her heart. My eyes stung with unshed tears as I drove us home, Elena was sobbing in the passenger seat.

When we got home, Stefan was waiting for us on the porch. Elena got out of the car quickly and stormed up the porch. I climbed out after her and made my way up to the porch as well.

"Where is he?" Elena asked

"Inside." Stefan gestured. Elena nodded and immediately went inside, I glanced at Stefan before I followed after my sister.

The two of us walked up the stairs to find Jeremy sitting in his room. He was curled up into a ball with his knees pulled up to his chest. Elena cautiously took a seat in front of Jeremy on his bed, I stood beside him and placed my hand on his shoulder. My heart broke at the painful look on his face.

"Do you understand what happened tonight?" Elena asked

"No. I don't understand." Jeremy said, his voice sounded small. "I mean, I know what I saw, but I don't understand."

"She was going to kill me." Elena stated

"Now she's dead. Vicki's dead." Tears were streaming down Jeremy's face.

"I'm so sorry, Jer. I'm-." Jeremy cut Elena off.

"Just make it stop. It hurts." Jeremy begged as he cried and pulled his arms around him tighter. My heart broke even further and a few tears finally slipped down my cheeks.

"Shh. It's okay. It's okay." Elena said softly

"It's gonna be okay." I added

"Why does everybody have to die on me?" Jeremy asked 

"Oh, my god. Come here." Elena said sadly as she pulled Jeremy into a tight hug. Jeremy cried into her shoulder, the sound was painful to listen to. Everything was starting to get to me and my chest felt heavy. I backed away and stepped out of the room, trying hard to contain the cries that wanted to escape me.

Everything was too much. I walked down the stairs and opened the front door, wanting to get some air. Stefan was still standing outside with his hands in his pockets. He looked over at me as I stepped outside. My eyes were stinging as tears slipped down my cheeks. Stefan sighed gently and walked over to me.

"Come here." He muttered as he pulled me in for a tight hug. I quickly wrapped my arms around his waist, appreciating the comfort he was trying to give me.

"I'm sorry." Stefan said as he held me. After a moment, I gently pulled away, feeling my tears finally slowing. I wiped my eyes to get rid of the tears that were still there.

The door then opened behind me and Elena stepped out. She had a jacket wrapped around her shoulders now.

"You okay?" Elena asked Stefan. I lent against the porch railing with my arms crossed over my chest, starting to feel a slight chill in the air.

"I wanted to help her. But instead, uh...how's he doing?" Stefan asked, gesturing to the house.

"He's a mess. I don't want him going through this again. He's just a kid." Elena said with pain in her voice

Stefan sighed and held her arms gently. "Elena, what can I do? I- what can I do to help? I'll do anything."

"Can you make him forget?" Elena asked

"Elena..." Stefan trailed off with a shake of his head.

"Stefan, please. I don't know how he'll ever get past this. I just want him to forget everything that happened." Elena pleaded