The Tomb

Damon and I had finally made it to the old church. A party was going on in the graveyard nearby, hopefully they will stay out of our way as we open the tomb.

The tension between Damon and I was thick. We had hardly spoken on the way here, I couldn't tell how he was feeling, but then again, I couldn't tell how I was feeling either.

My chest was heavy, and it increased every time I thought about the fact that this was probably the last time I'd see Damon. He was going to leave with Katherine, and I should feel happy, but all I feel is a deep ache.

We walked past the party and headed for the rest of the group. Damon whistled as we approached them, catching everyone's attention.

"Brother. Elena. Witches." He greeted.

"Everything okay?" Stefan asked me, probably noting the look on my face.

"I just wanna get this over with." I replied with a heavy sigh

"Are we ready?" Stefan then asked Bonnie and Sheila

"I guess so." Bonnie nodded.

The group of us then headed down the old stairs into the remains of the church. The tomb was behind a large stone door, keeping the vampires inside from getting out. Who knows what other spells Emily Bennett put on it as well.

I helped Bonnie and Sheila set up the things that we will need. The two of them want to open the tomb together, but I'm here if they need an extra hand. Even though Damon would probably prefer me to do it.

"Air." Sheila said as she lit a torch on fire. "Earth." She lit a second torch on fire. "Fire." The third one was lit.

Bonnie then held up a bottle of water. "Water." She handed it to Sheila and she began to pour the water across the floor.

"That's it? Just water from the tap?" Elena asked

"As opposed to what?" Sheila asked

"I just figured it would have to be blessed or mystical or something." Elena said. Sheila merely smiled and went back to setting up for the spell.

"What's that?" Stefan asked. I turned to see Damon holding a bag of blood from the hospital.

"It's for Katherine. I gotta have something to get her going. Unless your girl is offering up a vein." Damon said jokingly

"Admit it. You can't wait to get rid of me." Damon whispered to Stefan

"I can't wait to get rid of you." Stefan agreed

"We're ready." Bonnie said, I looked over at them to see they were kneeling amongst the rubble. They stood up and faced each other, taking a hold of each other's hands. They then began to chant the words of the spell. The fire grew in size and began to flicker more rapidly.

"What are they saying?" Damon asked

"Sounds Latin." Stefan said

"I don't think it's Latin." Elena said

"It's not." I stated. After spending the past month memorizing spells, I can recognise a few words that they were saying.

As the spell went on, the fire grew larger and more erratic. I stepped back as it began to flicker in all directions.

"What's happening?" Elena asked

A large cracking sound then came from the stone door. I glanced over at it as it swung open. It wasn't fully open, but that wasn't going to stop Damon.

"It worked." Bonnie said, sounding surprised

"Well, of course it worked. Don't you have some fires to build?" Damon asked