The haunting of Bonnie Bennett

The sound of chatter and lockers slamming shut echoed along the school corridor. I have been fighting back sleep ever since I got out of bed, sleep has been a difficult thing of late.
Amy was leaning up against my locker with a bright smile on her face, she is officially dating Sophie, the girl she's been in love with for two years at least.

"I'm just so happy." She exclaimed with a love sick sigh

"I'm happy for you." I said with a smile, her smile only grew wider at that, and I could tell she was thinking about Sophie again. She then fully looked at me and her brows furrowed slightly, she raised her hand and grabbed my face, squishing my cheeks a little bit.

"You look so exhausted. Is everything okay?" She asked, a hint of worry coming through

"Yeah, everything's fine." I said with a smile, trying my best to reassure her.

"You sure?" She asked, still not reassured.

"Yes, I'm sure. I'm just tired. Come on, we're gonna be late." I said as I shut my locker and began to walk towards history. Amy sighed before she suddenly started smiling and acting giddy again.

"What?" I asked with a laugh as I noticed her sudden change in demeanor.

"Sophie's in this class with us." She said happily as she picked up her pace, eager to get to a class for the first time in her entire school career.

The two of us made it into class a few seconds before the bell rang, we sat down at our desks and I noticed Amy staring at Sophie, who was trying not to smile too widely at her.

A man suddenly walked in with a bookbag in hand, he placed it on the desk and clapped his hands together. "Alright class, good morning. My name is Mr Saltzman, and I'm your new history teacher." He picked up a piece of chalk and wrote Alaric Saltzman on the board.

"Alaric Saltzman. It's a mouth full, I know. Saltzman is of German origins. My family immigrated here in 1755 to Texas. I, however, was born and raised in Boston. Now, the name Alaric belongs to a very dead great-grandfather who I will never be able to thank enough." Mr Saltzman said. My lips quirked up at his comment. He didn't seem too bad, especially since our last history teacher was terrible. It's a nice change of pace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Then I ended up at the remains of old Fell's church before I woke up back in the woods." Bonnie explained worriedly. As I was grabbing my lunch from my locker, Bonnie had grabbed my arm and pulled me outside. Muttering something about witch problems. It seems that her ancestor has been haunting her, which is not something I have experienced, yet at least.

"And you always see your ancestor Emily?" Elena asked. Bonnie nodded in response.

"Do you believe in ghosts?" Bonnie suddenly asked

"Yes. Bonnie, we are witches. Ghosts aren't too far fetched." I answered

"I think I'm being haunted." Bonnie said. She looked worried and frightened.

"I don't get it. Why Emily?" Elena asked

"Grams said she was a powerful witch back in the civil war days. This medallion was hers. It's a witches talisman." Bonnie said

"And it all started when you got the necklace." Elena said

"I think she's using it to communicate with me." Bonnie said

"It's possible. It was her talisman, she's probably connected to it in some spiritual way" I added

"What does Grams say about it?" Elena asked