Family dinner

I could almost laugh at myself, standing in my room facing a training dummy, if anyone walked in they'd think I was practicing martial arts. But there was an old spell book laying open on my bed.

I huffed a sigh and raised my hand out in front of me. "Okay." I muttered as I focused on the power that was flowing through me.

I slowly raised the training dummy up into the air, holding it there and spinning it around, getting used to the feeling. After several close calls at the 50's party, I realized that I have to be able to do more than just party tricks. I need to be prepared for the next attack.

I held out my other hand and set it alight, the bright fire bursting to life on my skin. I twisted my fingers until the fire was in the shape of a ball, and I threw it at the airborne dummy, singeing the torso.

"Yikes, wouldn't want to be that guy." Damon said from behind me. I jumped ever so slightly, but didn't allow my focus to waver. I slowly lowered the dummy until it was back on the floor, not wanting to drop it heavily and alert someone in the house.

I spun on my heels to face the older Salvatore with a raised brow. "You know, it's a bit warm for a turtleneck." Damon said as he walked closer to me, gesturing to my jumper. I had been wearing high neck things to cover up the black and blue bruises that still littered my neck.

Damon stepped forward and wrapped his finger around the material, pulling it down to get a look at my neck. He flinched slightly and gently put it back in place. "Still not healed?"

"Do I look like a vampire to you?" I asked him rhetorically

"Vampires don't really have a specific look, not like twilight." Damon said

I looked at his expression and laughed. "You watched it didn't you?"

"Maybe. Why the hell do they sparkle?" Damon said, causing me to laugh again.

"This is the skin of a killer, Bella." I said dramatically, causing Damon to laugh and shake his head.

"So, what brings you here?" I asked him after a moment.

"Who says there has to be a reason?" Damon asked me

"Because there usually is." I replied

"Fine, I need your help. Stefan and Elena are helping me track down the grimoire, and when we find it I'm going to need a witch. And I don't think Bonnie is going to help me." Damon said

"So you want me to break your girlfriend out of her tomb? And possibly risk getting sucked dry by the 26 other vamps down there?" I asked him with a raised brow

"I will not let that happen." Damon reassured me, I could see the honesty in his eyes.

I sighed gently and nodded. "Okay, I'll try."

"Thank you." Damon grabbed my face happily, he squished me slightly before letting go.

"Now, I was thinking about cooking dinner for everyone, wanna help?" He asked me. I nodded in response and followed him out of my room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My father never approved of anyone I ever dated. Which only made me want them more, of course." Damon said with a smile as he cut up the tomatoes on the chopping board. "What about you?" He asked Jenna, who was sitting on the kitchen counter with a glass of wine.

"There were a few guys. Logan isn't the only loser I've dated." Jenna said

"They ever find him? Is he still missing?" Damon asked. I almost wanted to hit him for his words, and I probably would have if Aunt Jenna wasn't here.