The founders party

I sighed as I tugged on the hem of my dress. I really don't want to be going to this founder's event, but at least I'll look pretty doing it. Besides, my mom loved this stuff, it was important to her. I'll be damned if I let my dislike of social events stop me from going.

"Will you stop fussing already?" Amy asked from behind me, she was sitting on my bed pulling her heels on.

"I'm not." I stated

"You are. You look great, stop worrying." Amy stated firmly

"You look great, too." I said after a moment, not knowing how to respond to her compliment without giving one in return.

"Okay, are we ready to go?" Amy asked as she stood from my bed and picked up her purse.

"Yes." I stated, heading towards my door.

"Wait, you're forgetting something." Amy said

"What?" I asked, not remembering what it was I could have been forgetting. When I turned around, I saw her holding my keys up with her hand.

"Oh, right. Thanks." I said with a laugh as I took my keys from her and headed towards my bedroom door.

"What would you do without me?" Amy asked jokingly as we headed down the stairs.

"Crash and burn, my love. And I would forget so many things." I said with a laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun was slowly going down over the horizon as Amy and I pulled up to the Lockwood estate. No matter how many times I came here, I was always surprised by the size of the place. I couldn't imagine living in a house so big. There was a queue of people waiting to get in.

"That is a long line." Amy huffed as she put the car in park.

"Yeah, this is going to be a fun night." I said sarcastically, causing her to laugh in agreement. The two of us then got out of the car.

"Let's go, shall we." Amy said dramatically as she held her arm out to me.

"We shall." I said in the same tone of voice and slipped my arm through her own. The two of us giggled as we headed up the path towards the back of the painfully long queue.

A few paces in front of us, I could see the back of Elena and Stefan's head. But worse of all, at the front of the queue, currently entering the building, was Caroline and Damon. I should have known he would be here, but it still didn't make me feel any less nervous.

The queue moved surprisingly quickly, and before we knew it we were inside the fancy Lockwood estate. It would be a couple of hours before the actual event started, so we had a lot of time to kill.

It didn't take long to notice Amy had become distracted, I followed her gaze across the room to notice she was staring longingly at Sophie Grant. I smiled at my friend's obvious gaze and in love expression, deciding to give her a slight nudge.

"Amelia. Go over there and talk to her." I said with a teasing smile

"What? No, absolutely not." She argued with a firm shake of her head, nervousness swimming in her eyes.

"Why not?" I asked her

"Because she's so...pretty. I know I'll mess it up." She flailed her hands as she spoke nervously.

"You are the biggest flirt I know. Please go over there, for your happiness, and for my sanity." I said with a laugh, knowing that she had been crushing on Sophie all year.

"Okay, okay. Fine. But if this goes wrong, It's your fault." She stated as she took in a deep breath to prepare herself. She then shot me a nervous smile before she made her way across the room towards the blonde girl.