A close encounter

It hadn't taken long for Damon to find a new dance partner, he was really pulling out his moves as he pulled the blonde girl around the floor. I laughed slightly as they danced across the floor. It was honestly funny to watch, regardless of the strange pressure in my chest that I was desperately trying to push down.

But my light smile immediately dropped when my eyes landed on a hooded man standing near the wall. It was him. The pizza delivery vampire. I acted casual and strolled across the dance floor, acting like nothing was wrong. I then came to a stop beside the hooded man, casting my eyes out at the party to seem less suspicious.

I know that I should have found Stefan or Damon and told them that he was here, but if I took my eyes off of him to go find one of them, he could disappear into the crowd again.

"Brave of you to show up." I said to him without sparing him a glance.

"Was it?" His tone was almost condescending. "You don't have to worry, anyway. It's not you I'm after. Almost killing you was an accident, you only got in my way. I just want your sister."

"Why?" I asked, turning my head to face him.

"Because she looks like Katherine." The man said in an eerily creepy voice.

"You'll have to go through me first." I strongly said, not about to let this ass kill my sister.

"That can be arranged." The man said with a smile. He grabbed a hold of my arm, but then his expression turned more serious. I followed his gaze to see he was staring at Stefan who was quickly making his way across the dance floor.

"Come with me and she might live." He whispered lowly in my ear. I nodded, and he dragged me by my arm towards the door behind us. He dragged me quickly through the busy school hallway. He then suddenly came to a stop. His hand gripped my forearm so tightly I knew it would leave a bruise. He then let go of me and turned to a boy.

"You, wear this." The man said as he pulled off his hoodie and handed it to the guy. The boy nodded and pulled the hoodie on. "Pull the hood up and walk." I could tell he was using compulsion on him so he could distract Stefan.

The guy walked off, pulling the hood over his head and sticking his hands in his pockets. The vamp then grabbed a hold of my arm again and dragged me harshly into an empty classroom. "So, what's the plan now?" I asked sarcastically

He pulled out his phone and dialed a number. "You are going to do what I say."

"Hello, Elena." He said over the phone. I clenched my jaw tightly, trying to figure out what his game was. "Here's what you're going to do. There's an exit door, you have five seconds."

"Or your sister dies." He said ominously

"You don't believe me? Here's some proof." He then sped towards me at an unimaginable speed and grabbed my neck, throwing me up against the wall. I yelled out in pain as he held the phone up to me for Elena to hear.

"Elena! Don't listen to him-" I was cut off as he tightened his grip around my throat, causing me to whimper. "I'll rip her throat out so fast she won't even realise what's happened."

A wave of fear washed over me again, increasing violently like a rising storm. My heart was pounding and I felt terrified. The feeling of helplessness came back to me as I struggled against his unbearably tight hold.

He then moved so fast that I barely blinked and he had disappeared. My hands were shaking as I raised them to my throat, wincing at the bruised feeling. I let out a quiet whimper, feeling upsettingly weak.

It felt like time was moving so slowly, but it wasn't long until the door burst open and Elena ran in. He had herded her into the same room I was in. Elena's eyes widened when she saw me standing at the opposite wall.