Chapter 26

Chapter XXVI : God of Forsaken

I took the dragon back to the cave. Hindi ko alam kung papaano ko nagawang labanan ang takot ko rito nang pumatong ito sa magkabilang balikat ko. I told him to behave and he seemed to understand me. He's like a dog following a command.

My friends, especially Sage was surprised when I returned with the missing dragon. They asked me a lot of questions but I just gave them lies after lies. I also found out that the news we received regarding the dragon having a havoc is a completely exaggerated. Hindi ko tuloy maiwasang maisip na lahat nalang ng mga nilalang na nagmula sa genesis ay tinuturing na mapanganib sa buong emperyo. This is how they see every breathing creature from the genesis, just like how they see the ancestors of Soheila. Even with Soheila, they treat her as if she is a ticking bomb that will kill everyone if she explodes. Kung wala lang siguro ang proteksyon na inihatol ng emperor na si Carsein Le'visaillon, paniguradong matagal nang hindi humihinga si Soheila sa kahit na anong parte ng emperyong ito. I salute him for having an ounce of faith with her despite what her clan did to the whole Aenriah.

We sealed the cave of cavana. We put the dragon into a deep slumber with the help of bahadumatis creating a powerful spell that will only last for only a year, they will have to come back here every year to maintain the peaceful peace of Nemesis. I can't still believe that the strongest and oldest dragon that can wipe out an entire kingdom is smaller than I have expected.

I spent all of my time looking for Fennec thae next days in the academy. I asked the students if they knew him, some said they do but they're not interacting with him that much. I tried asking Miss Melanie about him but she only gave me basic information like what his abilities are, what family he belonged to, and what is his name.

His name is Fennec Sebastian from the house of Sebastian residence. His family are known in the entire Hatorica for trading wines to other empires, but aside from that, there's nothing much interesting about him. As if he's just a normal student enhancing his abilities just like the other students.

Nakapikit akong yumuko sa mesa ko at ipinahinga ang isip. I've been trying to found the answers of my own questions but I can't seem to understand everything Fennec have said. I don't know who is Zohana, I have no clue of the chaos that damn guy is talking about.

Is it related to Soheila's identity? Or maybe the reason why I'm here? Isn't this a punishment given by God because of my past actions with Nelly and the other weaklings?

Damn it!

I felt something caressing the side of my face. Nang imulat ko ang mga mata ay tumambad sa akin ang kamay ni Sage at ang mga mata nitong malambing ang pagkakatitig sa akin. Bumangon ako mula sa pagkakayuko sa mesa at ibinuka ang dalawang braso, as if asking him to hug me. He planted a kiss on my head before he left me to get something from his desk. I pouted and crossed my arms infront of my chest.

Simula nang halikan ko ito—my heart is racing by just thinking about that deep and passionate kiss. But ever since that day, Sage became more affectionate towards me. I don't know if he's enchanted by that kiss but I'm happy on the outcome. He's not resisting me anymore, I can tell Felicity and Cielle have no chance to become his queen now. Baliw na sa akin ang hari nila, wala na silang magagawa pa.

Bumalik sa akin si Sage bitbit ang isang kwintas. A golden amulet with his kingdom's crest in its pendant. I look up on him and gave him a confused look. Ngumiti naman ito ng maliit bago maingat na hinawi ang buhok ko patungo sa isang balikat ko.

"The day after tomorrow is Soheila's birthday," he whispered and I gasped.

"What is the date today?" tanong ko bago hinawakan ang pendant ng kwintas na ngayon ay inilolock niya na mula sa likuran ko.