Chapter 02

CHAPTER II : A trip to hell

RANA

"So this structure was built in the early 16th century. May mga kwento kwento na this place was once used by sorcerers and royals. The government is trying their best to preserve every part of this structure at kung makikita niyo ay nababalot na ng dumi at kalumaan ang bawat pader." Buryong na isinulat ko sa maliit na notepad ko ang sinasabi ng historian na Andrew yata ang pangalan.

"Cool. Bakit hindi alam 'to sa buong mundo?" tanong ng isa sa mga kasama ko sa historical tour na ito.

"Good question. That is because the government didn't want everyone, especially the whole world to know about the history of the grand structure. It'll make everyone panic when they heard about its history. Everyone has different beliefs and telling the history of the grand structure to those people with close minds about magic? it'll be chaotic," The historian guy said. Tinitigan ko ang mga pader at napapangiwi habang iniimagine kung anong mangyayari kapag gumuho ito sa mga oras na ito. Ayokong mamatay ng panget at kapag natabunan ako ng mga lumang pader na ito, paniguradong magkakalasoglasog ako, I'll definitely die ugly.

"But it's a beautiful history to be kept hidden," said the girl beside me.

Bakit ba nangingielam pa ang mga ito? Pinapahaba lang nila lalo ang boring na discussion ng historian.

"But it's nonsense," bulong ko na mukhang narinig ng lahat. They all looked at me like I'm sort of criminal.

"Well can you explain what you just said Miss Gesines?" nanghahamon na saad ni Andrew na mukhang hindi rin nagustuhan ang sinabi ko. I mentally rolled my eyes at them. What a bunch of karens.

"It's nonsense. Even if it has a wonderful and amazing history, it won't benefit us anything. They're just people and events from the past that we are not sure if it really exist. What if some lunatic billionaire decided to built a structure like this to make it look like it's made from thousands of centuries ago? No one, even the historian people like you didn't lived in the past so how can you be so sure of the story you're telling us is true?" mahabang saad ko habang suot ang matamis na ngiti sa aking labi. Natahimik ang historian na tila ba nahiya sa sinabi ko. The whole place is overwhelmed by silence until the girl with a pony tail opened her mouth.

"Then why are you even here if you're not interested? You shouldn't be here if you're doubting the history of this place," inis na saad ng babae na nagpairap sa 'kin. Oh girl, if you only knew how much I hate being here with a bunch of nerds like you.

"Sorry? No one's asking for your opinion so shut up," I replied. The historian guy cleared his throat to cut the argument between me and the foot looking girl.

"Let's check the other part of the place," saad ni Andrew. Humikab ako at ibinalik sa tenga ko ang ballpen na hawak bago luminga linga sa paligid. Amoy na amoy ko ang kalumaan ng nasabing estraktura. Mula sa amoy lumot ay nalalanghap ko rin ang masangsang na amoy ng lupa.

Why the fuck am I here in the first place?

Oh I remember, My great father sent me here to collect nonsense information about this goddamn place.

I raised one of my hands to get the attention of Andrew. He look at me as if he's pissed because I cut him off from speaking. I faked a smile. I need to be nice to him since he might report me to my father.