Chapter Three: Lola's Hug

At the country club, Cassie stood behind Brittany, who had a golf club in hand as she squatted in front of the white ball. She swung beautifully, watching as the ball went soaring into the distance.

"That was good," Cassie complimented before getting into position. She took a glance at the red flag above the hole, lining herself up to make an accurate shot. She gave the swing her all, but was disappointed to see that the ball didn't go as far as she expected.

Brittany sent Cassie a glance as they walked towards the golf cart, handing her club to her. "That was a terrible swing," she didn't hesitate to say before taking a seat in front of the steering wheel. "You don't seem that interested in golfing today. Is something wrong?"

"I'm fine," she answered, shrugging her shoulders as Brittany pressed on the gas, driving towards their golf balls. "Actually, I'm not fine," she corrected, alarming her best friend who didn't expect that to come out of her mouth.

Brittany pressed on the brakes of the golf cart, turning to look at her with a concerned expression. "Did something happen?" She asked, staying seated.

Cassie broke their eye contact, staring off into the golf course. It took her a few moments to organize her thoughts, as she was thinking of ways to word exactly how she was feeling. "Giovanni said something at work that bothered me."

"Asshole," Brittany was quick to insult, a disgusted look forming across her face. Even the mention of his name made her want to vomit.

She nodded her head in agreement with her best friend's short response. "Yeah, I know," she said, taking another few moments to gather the rest of her thoughts. "He said his summer was exhilarating and that Alivia would know."

Brittany wasn't following. "Since when does he tell Alivia about his life?"

"No," Cassie was quick to correct. "He said Alivia gave him road head—"

"Was she like... drunk?" Brittany interrupted, trying to understand the story. "Who would want to give Giovanni a blowjob? I'm sorry but he's gross."

Cassie shrugged her shoulders. "I guess Alivia would because, as he mentioned, she's a whore now," she informed her best friend, watching as her jaw dropped. Brittany was startled to hear that about Alivia. It was something she didn't expect. "But what bothered me was when he said she had an eventful summer too and that I should ask her about it," she said, turning to Brittany who had widened eyes. "But then he warned me against that because apparently it would upset me."

"It would upset you?" She questioned, watching as Cassie nodded in her head, confirming that was correct. "What happened? Did Jordan do something?"

"What? No!" Cassie shook her head in disagreement. "Alivia did."

"Alivia did something with Jordan?" Brittany yet again questioned.

"No!"

Brittany laughed. "So, what would upset you?" She asked, bringing her best friend to a realization. "If it's not about Jordan, then what do you care? It's Alivia's life, not yours. Giovanni's just trying to get you amped up."

Cassie frowned at the thought of Giovanni taking control of her feelings just to mess with her. She wished he knew how much she overthought things when others would just look past it. "That's a little rude of him."

"It's Giovanni. What do you expect?" Her best friend laughed before exiting the golf cart. She retrieved her golf club from Cassie before walking in the direction of her ball. She then stopped walking, watching as Cassie walked towards her. "Maybe tell him one of the girls he banged is pregnant. That will really fuck with him."