Chapter Thirty-Four: Soccer Fights

"I can't believe homecoming is next weekend," said Brittany in disbelief.

Cassie's jaw dropped as she took out her left earbud. "Holy shit. It's coming up so quick."

Juliana looked up from her notebook, trying to take notes from the history textbook in front of her. Brittany and Cassie's chatting was not helping. After all, they were in the library. They should keep quiet. "Can you guys whisper? I'm doing homework."

"Sorry," whispered Cassie before she turned back to her best friend. "Did you figure out what dress you're wearing? I know you were between the navy and the white one."

Brittany nodded. "Yeah," she said as she grabbed her phone and pulled up the picture of her dress. "I decided on the navy blue one."

"Of course," Cassie laughed as she took the phone out of her hand, zooming in on the picture to get a better look at the dress. "Navy blue is your color."

She nodded. "I know. That's why I felt like I had to wear it," she smiled as Cassie handed the phone back to her. "Plus, I think navy blue will go so much better with Trevor's complexion."

Cassie gagged dramatically. "I still can't believe you and my brother are a thing," she said as her best friend rolled her eyes. "Wait... if you marry him that means you'll be my sister-in-law!"

"Marry? Relax," Brittany laughed, thinking she was preparing too far in advance. They were only junior's in high school. They had a long time before they thought about marriage. "Although, it would be cool to be a Mendez."

Cassie agreed with her. It was every girl's dream to call their best friend their sister-in-law. She was getting herself too excited when she realized she was sixteen and sitting in the library of her high school, trying to finish her math homework before the start of class.

"I'll show you my dress. It's pink," Cassie said as she scrolled through her camera roll to find the picture. Once spotting it, she turned her phone to Brittany. "Do you like it?"

Brittany's eyes widened at the dress. "I love it! That's so cute!" She exclaimed.

Juliana looked up from her notebook, meeting eyes with Brittany who knew she was a little too loud. "Seriously?"

"Sorry, I just got excited," she explained as Cassie tried her hardest to hold back her laughs. "We're discussing our dresses for homecoming. What are you wearing?"

"I don't have a dress yet," she answered, watching as Brittany and Cassie's face fell in disappointment. They were ready to see her dress.

Brittany laughed as she picked back up her pen, getting ready to continue taking notes for her fashion class. "I'd get to it, Juliana," she advised, lighting a fire under her ass. "You only have twelve days."

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Toby was deciding between a sandwich or a bagel in the lunch line when he heard someone shouting his name from behind him. He turned around, meeting eyes with Trevor.

"Hey," greeted Toby. "What's up?"

"Hey," Trevor replied, running a hand through his blond hair. "I don't know if you heard, but I'm going to homecoming with Brittany," he said as Toby nodded his head. "And I was just wondering if it would be okay with you if I ended up asking her to be my girlfriend in the future?"

Toby stared at him with a blank expression. Trevor gulped. He was nervous about his response. He wasn't sure what he expected him to say. "You don't need my permission," he answered, making Trevor feel relieved. "She told me she really likes you. It sounds like things are going well. She's all yours."