Chapter Thirty-Two: Photo Drama Pt. 2

The roaring of Max and Giovanni's motorcycle engines could be heard miles away from the school. Brittany already knew what to expect once hearing the sound, and watched as the boys sped into the parking lot.

She sighed, organizing the homecoming tickets in her hands as they hopped off their bikes and walked over to her.

"I'll take a ticket," said Max as he handed her five dollars. "Guess who my date is?"

Brittany looked unamused. "Giovanni."

"What?" Max scoffed as Giovanni's eyes widened in surprise. "Crystal Mendez."

That wasn't what Brittany expected to hear. "Did you drug her? Poor thing."

Max chuckled. "Nah, but looks like you and I are both taking a Mendez to homecoming."

"Twins," she said as she handed Max the ticket. "Who are you taking, Giovanni?"

"Alivia," he answered as he exchanged his five-dollar bill for a ticket. "I'm sure that one came as less of a surprise."

Brittany nodded in agreement. She had a feeling Alivia would be his date. "Well, have fun. Make sure she's not fucking Luke that night, too."

Max started cracking up, finding her sassiness hilarious. He always loved her sense of humor. She said what everyone wanted to say. Giovanni, on the other hand, was not laughing.

Brittany's eyes shifted to Lola, who was walking off the bus. The sight of her made Brittany start to fix her hair and outfit as she was ready to confront.

Turning back to Max and Giovanni, she shooed them off. "Go! I have things to do." They were quick to dart off as Lola walked in her direction. "Lola!" She exclaimed in an excited tone, watching as she turned to look at her. She didn't look happy. "Hey! Do you have a sec?"

Lola rolled her eyes, already off to a bad start that morning. She wished Brittany wasn't bothering her. It dampened her mood. "What?"

To prevent other people from hearing, Brittany stepped closer to her. "Is locking people in a closet a New York thing, or are you just a psychopath?"

Lola's heart started to beat rapidly. This was not the conversation she was expecting. She should have known she would find out what happened - Brittany seemed to know everything about everyone. "I don't know what to say."

"Good," she said with a fake smile on her face. "If I were you, I wouldn't go pulling that shit again. That's super fucked up and so is your obsession with Jake," she confidently said. "When are you going to understand he has a girlfriend?"

Lola was quick to argue back. "When are you going to understand you don't have to be so rude?" She questioned as Brittany squinted her eyes. "Fuck off."

She sped off, anger in her step. The one thing she so badly wanted to see what Brittany getting shut down. She had no right to be so confident, so entitled, so rude... she just wanted to see her suffer.

And she knew the only thing she could do was get payback.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

"Hey, Mendez!" Cassie heard someone shout down the hallway. She turned around, meeting eyes with Jake who approached her. "What's good, girl?" He laughed, fixing the black glasses on his face.

His question made Cassie laugh. He was acting so goofy for seven in the morning. "Nothing," she answered.

"Everything okay after the hospital drama?" He asked with a smile on his face, making her laugh again.