“You remind me of one of Santas elves who survives solely on candy canes. I agree though, the cake was delicious. I saw your bites when I took my own. What I really wanted was a bite of your ass while you were walking in front of Daddy,” he whispered. “Insatiable,” she teased him before taking a bite of her sandwich. 

After lunch, Y/N thanked him for the lunch, saying, “That was amazing, thank you. You always give me exactly what I want, even when I’m sure I need more cheese,” she teased. 

“You’re welcome, Princess. We need to find a place to take a picture,” he reminded her. Eventually, they found a place to snap a picture of both of them and the girls. Severus levitated the camera and Y/N used her wandless magic to snap the picture. 

“Oh this is a cute one. We need to get those professional portraits booked soon,” Y/N announced as she studied the polaroid. “We are a very attractive family if I do say so,” he boasted cheekily. 

“You know what I was thinking? I thought this had to exist somewhere in the world

“You know what I was thinking? I thought this had to exist somewhere in the world. A place to do public exhibitionism, maybe in Amsterdam or something. I would love for you to fuck me as strangers walked by on the street. We honestly look so good fucking,” she admitted. 

“I’m going to have to look into that. Of course we would need masks on our faces, just for privacy,” he chuckled. “Merlin, we have to stop talking like this if we want to finish this hike,” she looked back at him cheekily. 

“Are you admitting defeat?” he teased. Y/N rolled her eyes, “Fine, just for the sake of going back to the house and sitting on a sofa. Not because I cannot go further,” she huffed. 

“Of course not, Princess,” he winked at her before grabbing her hand and apparating them back to the sitting area. 

They each changed a baby girl before allowing them to nurse for nap time. “I dare say this came very naturally to both of us. We never argue about who gets the next round of diapers or who is going to facilitate bath time. I bet we could handle at least a handful more of these,” she teased the man as she sat back with the girls.

“I wonder if you will still be this enthusiastic when they start crawling and getting into everything imaginable,” he replied as he sat down next to her on the sofa. 

Y/N’s eyes shot open, “How are we going to block the stairs off? I just realized they are going to try to go up and down,” she announced.

“A blocking charm, of course. We are magical afterall,” he reminded her with a little chuckle. Y/N just studied his face, every beautiful feature. She loved the way his eyes smiled only at her and the girls.

 “The things I want to say to you could fill a library's worth of books. I appreciate that you never gave up on us, even when I did. I felt so weak in your presence that I couldn’t properly speak for myself. Disappearing was the only way for me to take my power back, whether that is right or wrong,” she announced softly.  

“I admit I held on too tightly at times. I was terrified of losing you so much that I felt I had to hold on even tighter,” the man replied softly. 

“A lot of regrettable things happened. I would like for both of us to let all of that go,” she announced as she laid her head against the man's shoulder.

 He leaned down, kissing the top of her head, “My love for you has never faltered, Princess. It has only grown and turned into an ocean that I often find myself drowning in,” he he turned, placing his hand on her heart as the girl's nurse. 

“I would recognize the beat of your heart, in any life, in any time. Because it beats just the same as my own,” he whispered. “Was this ever up to either of us? I wonder,” Y/N whispered back softly.

 “I have often wondered the same. Had either of us been 5 minutes late for the train that day, or perhaps I decided not to take it at all. A whim came over me, a sudden urge to take the train that particular day. Normally I would just apparate to school as usual. That day, something told me I needed to be on that train,” he replied softly. 

“It seems so coincidental, doesn’t it? The more I think on it, it seems, orchestrated in some way,” she said curiously. A little smirk formed in the corners of his mouth, “The word is destiny. I’m going to obliterate you at Scrabble, Princess,” he teased playfully.