Power Struggle Part 3

It was during her last period that Severus brought the girls back. Stevie was having a melt down in his arms as he walked in, pushing the pram as well. Y/N was in the middle of a lecture and walked over to take the inconsolable baby. 

She unwrapped the baby, with her back turned to the class she let Stevie latch on and threw the blanket over her shoulder. 

Y: Thank you. I just have a few minutes left.

S: Of course, Princess.

Y/N glared at him for a second before returning to the front of the class. 

“Please excuse the disruption. The little miss is a bit impatient right now,” she said as she went back to her presentation on the Forgetfulness Potion.

 She finished her presentation just in time for the final bell of the day. “Ok, we are done for today. You will be required to perform this potion tomorrow with a partner. Hm.. I feel as if I’m forgetting something. Oh right. Good luck. No textbooks tomorrow,” she said cheekily. 

She gently reached under the blanket, unlatching the sleeping baby and recovering herself before pulling the blanket off her shoulder.

 Y/N gently spread it across her desk and wrapped the baby back up tightly. Severus took the sleeping baby and replaced her in the pram next to Charlotte.

 “She wouldn’t take a bottle,” he sighed in annoyance that his plan had failed. Y/N just shook her head, “Imagine that,” she replied blankly.

 “I’m sorry, Princess. Forgive me?” he asked softly as he stood over, gently approaching her. “What exactly are you sorry for?” she asked curiously. “My behavior. I have been far too controlling with you and the girls. You obviously have it handled and I’m just getting in the way,” he sighed. 

“You’re not getting in the way. You are very helpful and I appreciate it. They just need me right now, there’s no way around it. We agreed before they got here that the girls are number one,” she reminded him softly. 

“Good afternoon Headmaster, I’ll be excusing myself for the day,” Fleur announced as she walked out the classroom door. “Have a nice afternoon, love,” Y/N told her as she walked out. 

“Let’s go home, Daddy,” Y/N smiled up at Severus. A little smirk spread across his lips, “Of course, Princess,” he whispered before he grabbed the pram.

 They two walked to their chambers where Y/N immediately removed her clothing from the day and replaced it with her teddy bear pajamas

 They two walked to their chambers where Y/N immediately removed her clothing from the day and replaced it with her teddy bear pajamas. “I've been dreaming about this all day,” she announced. “I feel useless,” Severus sighed as he laid each girl into their bassinets. 

“Aww.. I’m sorry. I’m not trying to make you feel that way. You are the best Papa. I just think you could loosen your grip on their Momma at times,” she replied softly. “You don’t need me anymore,” he said solemnly. 

“I need my Daddy all the time. I needed him at lunch but he refused. It was a shame, I was so wet when I walked in here. My Daddy insisted upon arguing,” she smirked. “You clearly don’t want to be submissive to me anymore,” he said. 

“I do want to be submissive to you, but there has to be some kind of common ground when it comes to the girls. I’m just as much a parent as you are. You’ve been acting like you gave birth to all three of us and it’s nauseating,” she told him. 

“I apologize. This is tough for myself as well. I’m finding it difficult when you aren’t obeying me because of the girls. If I ask you to lay them down and eat your dinner, it’s for a reason. It’s because I know you need to eat and you do so better without a baby to distract you,” he replied.

“I refuse to let the girls grow up in a house where their mother has to ask permission to embrace them or take them places alone. They are not part of our dynamic. When it comes to the girls, we are simply equal parents,” she said as she wrapped her arms around him. 

Severus wrapped her up in his arms immediately embracing her. “It’s clear there are some things that I need to work on, teddy bear. I will do my best to let go, when it comes to the girls,” he said as he looked down into her eyes. 

“I’m the cutest teddy bear aren’t I? I know you’ve never seen a cuter one than myself,” she smiled up at him.

 “I was thinking more of a mama bear. You are fiercely passionate about the girls. I do appreciate that. I just wish it wasn’t always directed at myself,” he smirked back at her. 

She smiled back up at him, “Stop trying to take them from me then. I have a physical need for them. I think you do not understand that part. It’s different for you, not to any fault of your own.

 I still have left over chemicals swirling in my head saying “Don’t let them out of your sight.” They did great this morning in my classroom. You saw how quickly Stevie calmed down when you brought her in,” she replied. 

“You’re correct. There is no way I can understand the pregnancy part. I can try but it would never register correctly in my mind,” he admitted. Y/N had led him over to the sofa so she could crawl into his lap, her favorite spot. 

She laid against his shoulder saying, “Think of it this way. They were 100% mine for months. I always knew where they were and that they were safe. A week ago all of that was ripped from me. 

At every point people are telling me to rest and taking my babies away. Now I’m supposed to teach class without them. How am I supposed to focus on that?,” she asked. “I’m sure I would worry incessantly as well. I will do my best to be more understanding,” he replied softly. 

“I haven’t even mentioned the fact that I know at some point, strangers will try to kidnap them. I haven’t forgotten about that. There are people who will want them when they learn of their existence. If they haven’t already. I fear someone in the castle may not be on our side, an informant. It would have to be someone who had regular access to us,” Y/N said nervously.

“A spy,” he replied blankly.