This Time She's Got Me

Hermione found Y/N sitting on the same low wall he had found her on the previous day. 

"Good book?"

"They usually are." Y/N said as he smirked at her recounting his words to her from the previous day. Hermione joined Y/N on the wall and they moved so that they were sat leaning back to back against each other on the wall with their feet up.

 Hermione joined Y/N on the wall and they moved so that they were sat leaning back to back against each other on the wall with their feet up

The wind rustled in the trees softly as the two friends sat back to back, reading their books.

"Y/N?"

"Mhmm?" Y/N answered as he slightly moved his head towards Hermione.

"What... what am I... to you I mean?" Hermione asked nervously.

"You're the one of the only good parts of my life." Y/N said as he looked back towards his book.

"No, seriously. It's just... you always come running to my aid, but... I know only your name and your birthday. I don't know anything about your past, you never tell me, or anyone anything,"

"We all have secrets Hermione, things that we wish we could just bury and the world forget, I just have more of them than most people. I don't tell you because I don't want you being exposed to that side of me." Y/N said as he continued reading. "Just know I value you more than my own family, and... my ex-wife."

"Wait, what?" Hermione asked in shock. "You... you're married?"

"I said Ex-wife, meaning I'm no longer married to her, besides, it's been a good 8 years or so since I broke up with her." Y/N said as he looked at Hermione.

"You had a wife at 8 years old?"

"Yes... look, I don't want to talk about it. Fact is I broke things up when I was 8 and since then, I've learned to play my cards close to the chest, I value you more than my whole family, and especially more than my ex-wife."

"Aww, did she break your heart."

"This is exactly why I don't open up to people." Y/N remarked as Hermione smiled before giving Y/N a gentle hug.

"She doesn't know what she's missing out on." Hermione said with a smile. "Don't worry, I won't tell a soul, I'll make a vow."

"No." Y/N said as he sighed. "Just... keep this between us."

Hermione smiled and nodded before moving to sit back in the same position with him, as she went to start reading she looked up and saw a group of people walking towards her, she recognised most of the girls in the group as the girls who used to bully her in her old school, and the boys she recognised as the ones who often helped them bully her.

"Why don't we go inside Y/N?"

"So soon?" Y/N asked.

"Y/N, can we just go inside." Hermione asked, Y/N could hear the desperation in her voice and turned to look at the group approaching.