Kings Cross, 1991

Kings Cross was jam packed with people, it would be easy to get lost in a crowd, especially if you were going to actively try to.

Among the huge bustling crowds of people who were at various points of punctuality for their trains, a 14 year old boy walked pushing a trolley with a pile of supplies and two pets on top, an owl, and a cat.

The two men were dressed like old fashioned noir detectives from the 40s, wearing suits that had their top buttons undone, the ties around their necks were loosened, their long trench coats and their fedora's were battered, clearly they wore them regularly, their shoes were scuffed.

The boy they were walking alongside, was Y/N L/N, he had medium length hair just short of his shoulders, he had the starting shade of a stubble on his face, as for his face itself, he bore scars on it, most notably was two large cuts on his right cheek, like they had been done with a knife.

Y/N didn't exactly fit in however, he was silent among the constant chatter of the crowds, and he didn't dress like any other 14 year old, he wore a strange outfit, however, it seemed to suit him. It consisted of a black jacket with the sleeves torn off, however around two inches of the sleeves survived, the makeshift vest went well with the black pants he wore and the white shirt with the sleeves rolled up, stopping just short of the elbows, he wore brown leather boots, with his pants over them, a pair of brown leather gloves, and a belt, with what looked like a holster on his left thigh, though most people didn't spot that, due to some factors they had no clue could even come into the matter.

Between the three of them, no one spoke a word as they approached the third pillar between platforms nine and ten, the men gestured to the wall as Y/N walked at the wall and through it, onto a platform, Platform nine and three quarters.

Y/N looked behind him and the two men emerged from the wall, looking at him before pointing towards one of the conductors, Y/N pushed the trolley towards the conductor who held their hand up, telling him to wait, he watched as the conductor helped unload the trolley belonging to a girl with bushy brown hair, brown eyes, and two bucked front teeth.

Y/N waited in line as a boy with messy black hair and emerald green eyes boarded the train, his clothes looked three sizes too big for him, and his round rimmed glasses looked like they had seen a bit of wear and tear. Y/N watched as the girl with the bushy hair boarded the train, thanking the assistant for their help. The line moved forward and the assistant started helping to unload Y/Ns trolley, with Y/N helping him before nodding gratefully.

Y/N climbed up into the doorway of the train and looked back at the two men who looked back, the looks said all they needed as Y/N gave a reluctant nod before starting to walk through the train in search of a carriage...