Jessica ignored the subtle changes on her face and sat down right next to her, staring at James in the distance with an infatuated look in her eyes.

"You know, when I was in college, I immediately fell in love with him when I saw him riding a horse..." she confessed.

Amelia's eyelashes trembled slightly, as if she didn't want to hear Jessica's description of that long-gone past.

Regardless, Jessica kept talking.

"At the time, James agreed to participate in the competition to help the medical faculty," she elaborated.

"As soon as it was his turn, he amazed all the medical students, especially me. Since then, I've loved him so much that I can't let go."

"However, he's so indifferent and aloof. Almost none of the girls dared to approach him, nor would he allow them to..."

At that point, she paused for a moment, then turned her head to look at Amelia with puzzled eyes. She looked her up and down.

"You're beautiful, but I don't think I'm bad, either. Why does he give you such special treatment when he won't even look at me?" she wondered aloud.

Earlier, Jessica had watched James help Amelia put on the helmet. His gentle and nostalgic actions made Jessica envious and jealous at the same time.

She and Amelia were equally pretty, and even her background and academic qualifications were much better than that of Amelia.

Even so, James just didn't like her, and instead fell in love with Amelia who was nothing compared to her. It was unbelievable.

Amelia glanced at the confident and calm Jessica before softly replying, "You'll have to ask him yourself."

Amelia didn't know why James fell in love with her at first sight either, so she couldn't answer Jessica's question.

However, Jessica took that as a provocation, and her pretty face darkened in an instant.

"Where do you get that sense of superiority from, Ms. Garcia?"

Amelia frowned with a puzzled look on her face and asked her: "Well, since you're asking, Dr. Simmons, I'll answer you truthfully. What does this have to do with a sense of superiority?"

Jessica pursed her lips slightly and snorted coldly. "You only have the guts to put on air in front of me because you have James backing you up."

Amelia felt like it was pointless trying to communicate with Jessica, so she pursed her red lips and stopped replying to her.

Seeing that she didn't say anything, Jessica thought it was a sign of Amelia's submission. A hint of disdain appeared on her haughty face.

Despite that, she continued to act superior as she questioned Amelia, "Did he propose to you, Ms. Garcia?"

When Amelia heard that, she subconsciously lowered her slightly curled eyelashes. She stared at the black riding boots and remained silent.

Jessica could see through her at a glance. "I knew it. How could he propose to you so easily?"

She seemed to relax all over as she leaned back on the bench, and folded her arms over her chest. She raised her chin and gave Amelia a warning.

"Ms. Garcia, as your former doctor, I would like to give you a quick reminder. Don't think that he'll marry you just because he's treating you like you're special right now," she thundered.

"Noble sons like him usually get married to young ladies from aristocratic families. The Evans family will definitely look down on someone with your status."