20 - Fortress Leviathan

Fortress Leviathan

The following is an account of Fortress Leviathan, Heaven's great mobile fortress and weapon of war. The account will provide a brief overview of its functions; however, as much of the information is classified, only basic details will be given. For a more detailed account, please make an inquiry to a source.

Sections

Leviathan is a fortress built in and designed to traverse through purgatory. Rather than a single construct, Leviathan is more considered a 'hive.' Large sections of the fortress were designed to be detached and reattached. This design serves several functions, including:

1 - The size of Leviathan is reportedly, at times, comparable to a minor realm. So, it was impossible to construct all at once. Instead, the different sections were built at separate construction yards and then transported to a single location where they were connected.

2 - The natural energy drain and wear of purgatory means that constant repair and maintenance is needed, which is incredibly difficult to perform in purgatory. Instead, the sections can be detached and sent to a construction yard for maintenance.

3 - Over time, more efficient components will be developed, and some sections can become redundant. The design of Leviathan allows such sections to be replaced with more advanced and efficient components, ensuring the fortress does not become a 'resource drain.'

4 - Due to the sheer size of Leviathan, movement through purgatory requires a large amount of energy and resources. Moving sections individually in batches is far more efficient and mitigates the loss caused by potential complications. Please note that despite how many sections are attached, the whole of Leviathan can be moved in an emergency.

5 - To conserve energy, only sections necessary for Leviathan's currently designated purpose will be attached.

The exact nature and use of the sections are classified and will not be included in this account.

Detachment and Attachment Sections

A copious amount of energy is released during detachment or attachment of various sections. This energy can attract the attention of 'primal wanderers' or other such beasts that roam purgatory. As such, it should only be performed at various designated 'maintenance zones.' These zones are located deep in Heaven's territory. They are locations with easy access to several other realms under Heaven's control. These zones allow aid to be easily provided in case complications do occur. The exact locations of these maintenance zones are classified and will not be included in this account.

If need be, even the 'core of Leviathan can be detached. For this purpose, several 'pseudo-core' sections are attached to the main core so that a majority of Leviathan can remain intact while the core is detached. These pseudo-core sections are always attached and, except when the core is to be replaced, are otherwise inactive. Discussions have been conducted regarding the detachment of pseudo-core sections and only reattaching them when the core is to be detached. However, they remain attached to mitigate damages in case of major core failure.

Detachment of the core is a lengthy and arduous process that expends considerable energy. As such, the core is never detached for maintenance and is only ever replaced, albeit rarely, requiring a unanimous decision by the overseers of Leviathan. However, protocols do exist in case the core is irreparably damaged. These protocols have yet to be activated.

Conclusion

Since its construction, Leviathan has not yet had any major incidents or breaches. It should be noted that no major conflicts have occurred since its construction. However, simulations show that even in the case of such an event, a breach is nearly impossible. Information regarding its use, development, and construction are classified and require the authorization of a source to access. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there, If you enjoyed please leave a like a follow. It really helps me out a lot. Leave a comment as well letting me know what you think. I'd appreciate knowing what you thought of it.

For updates join our discord - https://discord.gg/PaFQbarWMC

Check out my YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@zesuvious

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMKbid97bHCkztnmsAtPFug?sub_confirmation=1