8 - Lycans

Lycans

The following is an account of the phenomenon known as lycanthropy and the beings known as lycanthropes or 'Lycans.'

Lycanthropy has been defined as the process by which a creature transforms into a Lycan. Such a process was originally labeled under therianthropy, the overarching term for creatures transforming into other beings. Due to the widespread occurrence of lycanthropy and the unique nature of the transformation, a separate term was coined by (redacted), a renowned expert in therianthropy.

Origins

Lycans began appearing after the 'Great Divide,' the paramount war between heaven and hell. After the war, the tense ceasefire between heaven and hell encouraged both sides to rapidly develop their military might and influence.

It was a time of rapid advancement, and during this, independent third parties were also contracted. The Lycans were the product of one such party. They were produced by the (redacted) guild that is well known for infusing the cores of ancient beings into lesser creatures. The Lycans were developed as a result of experimentation using the cores of Llyterns.

Llyterns

Llyterns are creatures believed to have existed since the 'age of the aspects.' They are considered pseudo-aspects and feed off spirit energy. Their appearance resembles giant wolves and hellhounds, with thick dark fur covering their bodies.

Research conducted on deceased samples shows that, unlike most pseudo-aspects, Llyterns do not possess the ability to use magic. Despite their powerful cores, the spirit magic they feed on suppresses the energy within them and instead allows them to use exorbitant brute strength. Their thick fur contains magic-dampening properties that make them highly resistant to most magic attacks, and their fangs and claws have the ability to slice apart threads of magic, allowing them to pierce through most magical defenses.

While they are dangerous creatures, Llyterns are not aggressive by nature. They do not hunt for food and instead reside on the outer banks of the primal realm of spirit and feed on the residual spirit energy. They are seen to only attack when threatened and have no natural predators.

For more information regarding Llytern's, please refer to the appropriate documents.

Lycans

Through the process of lycanthropy, other beings are transformed into beasts whose appearance and ability strongly resemble Llyterns. Those with the ability to transform into such creatures are known as Lycans. Unlike Llyterns, the Lycans are naturally aggressive and often unable to control themselves once transformed. It is believed that the (redacted) guild designed them that way so they could be used as weapons of war. While their strength is not as great as those of Llyterns, their magic resistance and strength make them a force to be reckoned with.

It has been observed that Lycans, once transformed, can return back to their original form. The trigger for transformations is the absorption of high-quality spirit energy. When the Lycan is exposed to high-quality spirit energy, such as energy from the primal spirit realm, their core absorbs the energy and transforms them into a Llytern. Once this energy within their cores is used up, they return to their original form. Different stages of transformation can occur depending on the quality of spirit energy.

When Lycans have been exposed to incredibly high-quality spirit energy and are in their final stage, their bite can cause mutations in cores, transforming them into Lycans. This transformation is not always guaranteed and is dependent on the power of their victim's cores; weaker cores are more susceptible to this mutation. As such, the risk of a major lycanthropy outbreak is minimal across most realms.

However, in the human realm, the spread of lycanthropy has been seen to be far more common than in other realms. This is due to the unique factors found in the human realm:

1- The human core is weak and malleable, often susceptible to outside interference. This has made them a popular species for experimentation.

2- The human world undergoes periods of time where the realm is awash with extremely high-quality spirit energy. This period of time is referred to by the humans as 'the night of the full moon.'

It is unknown how Lycans spread to the human realm. However, it is believed that the human realm was used as a testing ground and that some samples escaped. The (redacted) guild has denied this. After human experimentation was banned, the (redacted) guild was forced to halt the experiments and all samples to be destroyed.

Conclusion

Due to the 'non-interference pact, ' the Lycans in the human world could not be eliminated. They have been labeled 'hybrids,' and hybrid protocols will be followed. The (redacted) guild was heavily fined for negligence, resulting in the reckless release and spread of Lycans. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there, If you enjoyed please leave a like a follow. It really helps me out a lot. Leave a comment as well letting me know what you think. I'd appreciate knowing what you thought of it.

For updates join our discord - https://discord.gg/PaFQbarWMC

Check out my YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@zesuvious

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMKbid97bHCkztnmsAtPFug?sub_confirmation=1