4 - Room of Remembrance

Room of Remembrance

Location - Hell (5th Layer)?

The following is an account of the rumored Room of Remembrance.

The Room is believed to house high-value prisoners of political importance. Due to the uniquely strict enforcement of the 5th Layer of hell, first-hand accounts of Room to Remembrance could not be gathered.

To gather information, ex-prisoners of the Room of Remembrance were questioned. However, their memories of their time in the Room were found to have been wiped. Attempts have been made to reconstruct their memories, but this has proved futile. Due to the level of residual psionic energy found, the prisoners' memories are believed to have been routinely wiped.

Attempts to identify guards and staff of the Room have proved unfruitful.

The information in these accounts are primarily based on the information obtained from 2 individuals:

(Redacted). assistant architect of the Room of Remembrance

Prince (redacted) of the (redacted) clan

We will begin with the information provided by (redacted), the assistant architect. While their memories had also been wiped, it was not to the level of the ex-prisoners. Upon capture, four high-level psionic mages were set to reconstruct their memories of the Room of Remembrance. During the process (redacted) died from the psionic strain.

Much of the information gathered proved too shattered to be of use. However, it has been gathered that the Room was designed to exist within a subspace. Unlike the more popular free-flowing subspaces used for containment, the Room of Remembrance would have set spaces within the 5th Layer it could warp between.

The Room was also inlaid with seals that would allow all manner of magic to be channeled through the structure. It was a point of importance that the prisoners' quarters be constantly supplied with psionic, spirit, and life energy. While these magics are primarily found in prisons for primary prisoner care, the importance assigned suggests additional functions. However, what these functions are cannot be determined.

It should be noted that (redacted) was discharged during the design of the preliminary prototype. It is unknown whether the information gathered would match the final Room created. Furthermore, the Room is only believed to be in the 5th Layer as it was the planned location during preliminary designs. The actual location has yet to be confirmed.

Next, we will consider the information provided by Prince (redacted). Please note that this account will only include information relevant to the Room of Remembrance. For any further information regarding Prince (redacted), please refer to the appropriate records or inquire directly at a source if it is urgent.

Prince (redacted) was allowed to keep his memories and is believed to be the only prisoner ever to have been allowed to do so. According to the Prince, they were only allowed to remember the last five days of their imprisonment. However, this cannot be confirmed as they have refused psionic probing

. The Prince has also refused direct interrogation and has sent only missives containing information regarding the Room of Remembrance.

It is unknown as to why the Prince was allowed to keep their memories. It is speculated that they had agreed to a spirit pact or some other bargain with the demons. However, the Prince repeatedly denies such allegations.

Talon (Redacted) had recommended that the Prince be forcibly captured for questioning. Due to the (redacted) family's connections with (redacted) and the unstable political climate of the region, such actions have been deemed too risky.

The following is an extract of a missive sent by the Prince:

"...When I first woke up, I didn't realize it was a prison at all. I feared I'd been dragged by some spatial tear and flung to the elemental realm of life. The sky radiated just the right amount of warmth, the breeze an ever-so-pleasant slight chill, and my body, which last I remember was left bloodied and beaten in battle, was left with not a mark. In fact, I felt better than ever.

Though, I suppose that doesn't interest you much. You're looking for something more practical, very well.

I compared it to the elemental realm of life not just because of the pleasant weather. All around was a sea of trees, none of which I could identify. They all had a slight purple tint, but that was where the commonalities stopped. To describe every single tree and the differences between them, I'd rather not bore you with such details. But since you lot would probably insist ...

...but enough about that. You'd rather hear about the structures, wouldn't you? Structures of black stone that jutted out were patrolled by guards. Likely various buildings of import., The only one I was allowed in and became familiar with was the mess hall. Unless you decided to go towards these structures, they just left you be. I'm sure they had observers away from the structures to keep an eye on us, but if there were, I'm sorry to say I could not tell you what they were.

Anything else I could not recall at this moment. But if I were to be hit with a sudden jolt of enlightenment, I will send word immediately..."

Requests have been sent to provide information regarding interactions with guards and other prisoners. However, subsequent replies ignore the questions and reiterate much of the abovementioned information.

Conclusion

While acquiring the prisoners would provide great political benefits, the limited information and the lack of direct paths into the 5th Layer of hell make such attempts improbable. Further attempts are being made to acquire information regarding the Room of Remembrance. The situation in (redacted) is being closely monitored to identify the ideal time to send envoys to Prince (redacted). 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there, If you enjoyed please leave a like a follow. It really helps me out a lot. Leave a comment as well letting me know what you think. I'd appreciate knowing what you thought of it.

For updates join our discord - https://discord.gg/PaFQbarWMC

Check out my YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@zesuvious

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMKbid97bHCkztnmsAtPFug?sub_confirmation=1