Part Twenty Four

Eighteen Years Ago

Aila thought she was going to be able to stay with Brian for a while, but she was wrong.

So fucking wrong.

She remembers them, meeting them at the cafe. She remembers how rude Maria acted towards her. She remembers when they went back but Brian left a few weeks after meeting them because his exorbitant state kicked in.

She remembers all this.

She knew they were soulmates.

All five of them belong to each other. But for some reason, now, Aila feels like she might still have feelings for Brian.

Which is crazy and stupid. She remembers slowly moving on from him, but now, seeing how they act around each other, being in their apartment in New York, only brought a new reality to her. She felt jealous.

She has feelings for Brian.

But she's trying to hide it. He doesn't belong to her. He has soulmates who adore him.

Maybe it was because she doesn't have soulmate bonds anymore?

She thought about it. Well it seems that's all she's been doing these past three days after getting out of the hospital, just trying to remember.

She remembers giving up their apartment because Brian was coming to live to New York. She remembers the early birthday party her family gave her because she was going away.

She doesn't remember why she flew out to Santa Clara, California. She remembers having time and sight seeing but after a certain moment it's all hazy.

She remembers Dallas. The food.

The was in Orlando too.

Then came Atlanta.

And now she's in New York.

The moving around so much was what was intriguing her curiosity.

Why were they traveling so much? And to these cities?

She remembers the fancy hotel room and a villa? In Orlando? It was a mansion within a mansion? Or was her mind just making up things to fill in the blanks?

No, she remembers doing her homework in a room.

"Don't kill your self now."

Aila looked up to see a smiling Vannozzo sitting across from her on the couch.

"I can practically feel your gears grinding against each other of how hard you're thinking. That and you're bitting your nails. Which you shouldn't do, your nails are gorgeous."

Aila looked at her nails, they had grown so big recently.

She hadn't bitten her nails since she was a kid, when she moved to the USA.

"What you thinking about?"

"Nothing, everything, trying to figure out if what I remember is real."

Vannozzo had come to appreciate Aila. All four had learned to care for her. When Erick finally told them why he freaked out over BTS going to the hospital, it really put into perspective just how much she meant to them.

He didn't say anything. He only got up and sat beside her, before reaching over her shoulder and cuddling her.

She felt her body heat up at the touch. It was nice. She knew he was being friendly more than anything but it felt nice to have physical affection from someone that seemed to care for her.