Part Seven

They were nervous.

They wanted to make a good impression on Aila's family so everything needed to be perfect. As soon as Namjoon ended the call he rushed to tell everyone what was happening. They jumped to their feet getting everything ready, from getting food to making the house look spotless.

They weren't dirty people, mainly because Hoseok would kill them if they were, but the need to make their home presentable was greater.

None of them stopped to think how they were inviting strangers into their home. They didn't care really. Everyone felt good vibes from Aila and that was enough.

They cared for her little girl. She had somehow stolen their hearts. Maybe it was the fact they were getting ready to adopt themselves. Of course a baby doesn't compare to a grown kid, but having her around was going to be experience.

*********

Brian couldn't believe what was getting ready to happen.

First, were they crazy?

Brian knew for a fact you would never invite people into his house. People he had just met, people he didn't know.

But these men had offered to take them around the country. He thought Aila and Iletsi were really joking, but sitting in the car about to get to their house didn't seem like a joke.

He hoped and prayed it was a prank. It was going to be like those old MTV shows where people got pranked and got recorded.

But the house they pulled to didn't seem like a joke. It was beautiful, modern, with a tall gate around. They lived outside the city, even the air seem to feel fresher.

A gate opened automatically and they drove inside, everyone looking around to commit everything to memory. The garden was beautiful, a traditional Korean style, with ponds and small houses.

Everything took Brian's breath away. It felt so serene as he got out the car, the trees gave good energy and it didn't help the weather seem perfect.

Brian watched as someone opened the front door and came outside to greet them. He was followed by two others.

Brian remembers them. He never met them, not even when they were a couple doors down in the hospital.

Nyala came over and took his hand. He needed the strength.

Was this really happening?

He watched. He recognized all three of them.

Namjoon came over and said hi. He could tell he wanted to be more friendly but held back, not with the kids though.

All the kids got hugs from Namjoon.

He was followed by Taehyung and Seokjin. They couldn't wait to meet them. They waved at Aila, hugged the younger ones.

He saw his kids look at them, huge smiles on their faces. He felt jealous. They looked at the three artists with admiration and devotion.

Of course they would.

Aila's husband was a fan of BTS. He reintroduced them to BTS. And then the kids grew up listening to them, looking up their old videos, watching translations upon translations.

It was like it didn't matter. They would always be involved in Aila's life. They always found a way to seep through the cracks Brian tried so hard to patch and cover.

"Namjoon, Seokjin and Taehyung meet Brian, Vannozzo, Antônia, Maria and Nyala. They are soulmates."

Brian saw how happy they looked. Maybe it was because they were a group like them. The three men gave his girls hugs.

He was trying to not look or feel mad. He really was. He gave them firm handshakes with a subtle nod.

"When we found out from Letsi you all were a group we knew we wanted to meet you! It's amazing to know you." The way he had said Letsi didn't sit well with him. Since when did he get close to his baby girl to call her by her nickname?

Taehyung looked so happy, so care free, so genuine. Brian noticed the twinkle in his eye and his smile.

It really did look like a box smile.

"We have never met a group, so it's an honor to meet you five." Brian looked over at Seokjin. He tried to smile and thank them the way the others did, but the knot in the back of his throat didn't allow him to.

The kids followed their idols as they took everyone inside their house.

It was cozy and warm.

Brian sense the love as he step through the tall wooden door. He felt his eyes watered. His mind imaged how different this would have been.

They all would have been great friends. Letsi and Kcire would have not been there, which hurt his heart, but instead be replaced by the kids from their love.

Brian saw Aila in that house, happy. They would have treated her like a Queen and he knew this. They would be together, visiting each others countries, their families becoming one.

In his mind, they shared laughter and sadness. They never gave up on each other.

They were his brothers.

All of them protective of his soulmates, like he was of Aila.

"Hey are you ok?" Brian looked up and saw his Aila next to him, "you seem sad."

Besides his soulmates, she knew him the most.

"Nostalgia, sorry."

Aila wanted to press on the subject, but she didn't.

"Everyone is out back, we are having a cook out."

Aila smiled at Taehyung.

She took Brian's hand and laced his fingers between hers. He smiled at her.

Taehyung saw this. It was clear they were close but the smiled they shared made him think otherwise.

He didn't like the need that took over his mind to know just how close they were. As he saw them walk through the house holding hands, arms pressed against each other, Taehyung felt a demon stir inside of him.